1 🌸 It started with, The Encounter

March, 2024
Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh.

I arranged the books meticulously on the shelf when a girl's hand appeared beside me, who was keeping a book on the shelf. As I turned to her,  I glimpsed her smiling face before she darted away

"Sara!?" The name slipped from my lips as thousands of feelings came gushing through my eyes as I chased after her.

I could hear the librarian calling out my name several times. Without a second thought, I rushed to the storeroom and started searching for something around like crazy but didn't know what I was looking for. I didn't know what was getting me on the edge, but I felt that if I could just get hold of that one nameless thing, all my restlessness would find its end. Searching every corner, every row, every carton, I laid my hands on a purple journal.

Till The Spring

adorned its cover with intriguing illustrations. As I opened it, my heart skipped a beat at the owner's name:
Sara Roy.

Tears flowed as I traced her name. The echo of Sara's name lingered in the air as I closed the journal, the weight of nostalgia heavy on my heart. Clutching the purple journal to my chest, I exited the library, leaving behind the quiet aisles and the ghost of Sara Roy.

***********************

Year 2021

Dalhousie, a famous hill station in Himachal Pradesh, known for its pleasant climate and scenic beauty. Popular for boasting views of the snow-capped peaks of the Dhauladhar ranges, the town's cool climate attracts visitors to appreciate marvelous forest trails, wooden hills, waterfalls, and springs. It's a place that can make anyone fall in love, filled with friendly people exuding warmth and hospitality.

It was the first day of October, marking the start of a new session at St. Patrick's Cathedral University. At 8 am, the college corridor buzzed with laughter and enthusiasm, except for one person. In the English department, someone sat quietly in his cubicle, staring at a resignation letter.

Respected Dean Christopher,

Please accept this as my formal resignation...

Nazareth Salvador, a 28-year-old English Literature Professor, possessed a commanding presence. Standing tall with a well-built chest and broad shoulders, his fair complexion highlighted the sharpness of his upturned grey eyes. These eyes, holding many unsaid emotions, were the most striking feature among his Turkish-inherited attributes. His thick black wavy hair, styled in a modern edge messy quiff, added a touch of casual charisma to his overall appearance.