19

"Who was that?"

"Hmm?" Yuji turned to Megumi.

"That other guy, who was he?"

"Oh" Yuji said. "That was my twin, Sukuna. He goes to a different school and decided to drop by" Yuji rolled his eyes, remembering his brother's dramatics. 

"I see" was all Megumi replied with

_______________________

After school, Yuji bade farewell to his friends. Megumi and Nobara usually walk him home but today they were held behind by club activities.

Megumi was in the Kendo club and had to stay behind to clean the dojo, Nobara meanwhile was in baseball, her coach wanted to talk to her.

So, Yuji would be walking alone.

With his hands behind his back he walked down the streets, humming a tune. He didn't feel like going home yet though, so he visited his group's hang out place under the bridge.

Lying on his back on the steep grass hill, he gazed fondly at the orange sky.

"What's Suki's problem with Gojo-senpai anyway?" He muttered. "The way he glared at him could have been enough to curdle milk" he shuddered.

Well, his brother was never really trusting of others who weren't their family member or longtime friend, trouble followed them wherever they go. Yuji remembered when they were twelve, a group of older boys cornered them on their way home.

Sukuna was the first to pounce, and it was his first time witnessing his brother be so, cruel

It got to the point that he had splatters of blood on his clothes.

The delinquents scrammed when they realized they were no match for his brother, and that staying even longer would possibly result in missing limbs. It was the first time he felt afraid of his brother, but that fear didn't last long.

When his brother, covered in blood, approached him and reached a bloody hand to his shoulder. He shook him and said "Why'd you just stood there? I could have used the extra hand y'know!" Before thinking for a moment and saying "But you'd have probably just gotten in my way"

His initial fear turned to annoyance and the two of them bickered all the way back home. Once home, Sukuna and him ate popsicles while sitting on their front porch, enjoying the breeze like nothing happened. Like his brother wasn't brutalizing a few boys ten minutes prior...

That day Yuji realized his brother would do anything to keep them safe. Even if his methods were a bit... unorthodox

"Yuji?"

He opened his eyes(he had momentarily closed them while reminiscing) and locked gazes with Junpei.

He smiled "hey Junpei!" He greeted warmly. The shy teenager took a seat beside the pinkette. "I heard your brother paid you an unexpected visit" he commented. "Rumor has it he and Gojo had a brutal fight"

"Where'd you hear that rumor?" Yuji asked with a frown and a pout.

"Word spreads fast when it involves Gojo Satoru" Junpei said.

"Aaaaaargh" Yuji groaned and turned to lay on his stomach, his head supported by his arms. "They treat Satoru like a ruthless killing machine addicted to fighting!" He huffed. "Girls look at him like a piece of meat, guys glare at him like they wanna challenge him to a fight to the death in front of the whole school!"

It was annoying the way they viewed Satoru! Why couldn't they see what he sees? Why can't they see the Gojo Satoru who was sweet and clingy, who was overly affectionate, confident and clever.

Why can't they see the Gojo Satoru who would drape himself over Yuji's back and whine about how tired he was despite the day barely even starting?

The Gojo who would buy him sweets from the store

The Gojo who would tease Nanami-sensei shamelessly

"I just wish they would look past his title as 'the strongest' for at least, a day or two"

"But you can't deny he likes the attention" Junpei commented.

Yuji looked at him. "Huh?"

"Haven't you noticed how he soaks up all the attention, both good and bad like a sponge? He enjoys it" Yoshino thought back to the many times Gojo would steer Yuji's attention to him, or would out of nowhere cause a fight to break out and causing a crowd of students to cheer for him as he pounds his opponents to the ground.

That cocky arrogant smirk of his, glued to his smug, handsome face.

"Hmm" Yuji thought about it, but then he smiled fondly.

"Yeah I guess he wouldn't be Gojo Satoru if he doesn't enjoy the attention he earns on himself!" He laughed. "He's a star, a bright, burning star, and I admire him a lot"

He blushed a little bit, when he remembered something Satoru had told him a while back.

He had told him, that if he was a star, then he, Itadori Yuji was the moon. Satoru's beautiful moon. And at that moment his heart started racing in his chest...but then the moment was ruined by Satoru playfully whining that he wanted to eat curry

It's moments like those that confuses Yuji about what Satoru feels for him.

Junpei catches the fondness in Yuji's eyes, and the growing blush on his cheeks.

"You" he started. "Must really like Gojo Satoru?"

"Yep" Yuji answered with a beam.

Junpei but his bottom lip. "Ah" was all he could say...