{Chapter 21}

3rd Person POV:

After the four elite guards got done taking care of the three attempted murderers they went back to the hospital only to see everyone more upset than they already were and Rosalie dry sobbing into her hands. While they were gone Lucifer had flatlined and fallen into a coma. Ths new information made everyone unsure about what the future holds for Lucifer. It was two hours, almost three hours, later when Carlisle walked back out after finishing the emergency surgery for one of his other patients. He told everyone that they were able to go see Lucifer if they wanted, but it could only be three or four at a time.

Charlie went in first alone to spend some time with his son. Charlie stayed in Lucifer's room for close to fifteen minutes before having to leave to help the search party look for Edward, Alice, and Isabella. Next to go in was Rosalie, Alec, and Jane and they stayed there for a long time, almost an hour. After an hour Alec and Jane left so that all of the kings could visit with Lucifer as well as see how Rosalie was dealing with everything. Rosallie and the kings ended up talking for a long time about everything, mostly about the recent attempted murder of Lucifer. Rosalie told the kings honestly that she wants Edward, Alice, and Isabella to be tortured and killed for what they had done.

The kings agreed, not only because of the parental bond between Caius and Lucifer as well as the sibling bond Lucifer had with the four members of the elite guard. Aro asked Rosalie if she would like to be present at the trial, Lucifer too, after he was better and out of the hospital of course. Rosalie said she would love to go to see the three finally be punished rightfully for all they had done to cause harm to her mate. When the kings left to go hunt in Seattle it was Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, and Jasper's turn. They stayed together in the hospital room with Rosalie until it was time for them to leave as visitor's time was over, leaving just Rosalie to stay with Lucifer for the night.

On the third day that Lucifer was in a coma, he had only flatlined once at that time, Carlisle told Charlie and Rosalie about Lucifer's chances of making it. As it was the third day of him being in a coma, his chances of recovering went down to only seven percent and if he stays in the coma for two weeks his chances will go down to two percent. This news greatly upset Charlie but absolutely destroyed Rosalie. Charlie still helped the police department and surrounding departments while Rosalie stayed by Lucifer's side twenty four seven. Carlisle and Esme even snuck large cups of animal blood in since she wasn't taking care of herself as she couldn't see herself living without Lucifer now that she had found him.

Over the next week Lucifer flatlines three times, making Carlisle and his staff resuscitate him. Everytime Lucifer's monitor set off the alarm Rosalie believed it was it, that she was fixing to lose her mate. Luckily, each time they were able to bring him back but he still remained in the coma after the first two times. The third time however was too much on Lucifer's body. After the third time Lucifer flatlined he had to be put on live support. That night, a week and a half after the accident, was the beginning of the end for everyone in Forks, Washington.