xi. sleepless nights

CHAPTER ELEVEN ─── sleepless nights

𝕴f Alaelanna was to say one thing about her wedding night, it was how awkward it was. Apparently, there were to be witnesses because no one trusted that she would not take Aemond's eye out, or just kill him completely.

That was merely one plan foiled. Alaelanna had lots of other plans to get rid of the man, but this would have saved everyone a large amount of trouble, herself included. Now, she seemingly had to make this man fall in love with her. 

"We are summoned to court." Aemond spoke softly, watching his new wife with a careful eye. "They wish to see us."

"I do not wish to see them."

"Then at least let us see my sister."

"Who speaks in riddles most of the time? I think not." Alaelanna scoffed. "I am going to see my dragon."

"You cannot."

"And you cannot tell me what to do, I am glad that it is all sorted." Aemond sighed, dragging a tired hand down his face as he glared at the back of the princess' head. She stood, wincing discreetly, as a satisfied smirk covered his face. "One word, and I will take the other eye."

As much as Aemond wished to believe that it was a joke, he held very little doubt that the fiery dragon that sat ahead of him would hesitate if it came down to it. He reminded himself that perhaps he should sleep further away from her, or at least be sure to double check their bed for nights. If his mother had her way, then Aemond would be on the other side of the castle from the girl, but he had been commanded to 'put a child in her' in his grandfather's words, to quell her anger and rage, and subdue Rhaenyra as well.

He doubted he would live long enough to see the child born if that happened.

"Alaelanna..."

"It's Princess Alaelanna."

"Lady wife." The girl's eye twitched, a dark glare appearing on her face as she turned to look at the man. "We are going to speak with my sister, see her children and then onto other important things."

"Lord husband, should you wish to live to see the morrow, you will not attempt to order me around." She stepped closer, before smiling gently. "Do not come back to my chambers."

"I wish that were up to me to decide, for I would stay far away." 

He would not. She intrigued him.

"I shall lock the door." The girl threatened.