Chapter 3

(Chapter song ‘Inside Out' by Eve 6)
CASS

I pull into Feral’s parking lot.  The place is hopping for a Saturday night.  Perfect.  Hunting should be good. 
I’m going to walk in with my chest out and my Alpha front and center.  The ladies won’t stand a chance.  I stand at my car as the bass thumps in my chest, giving myself one last once over in the windows reflection. 
I smirk.  “Heart breaker on the premises.” 
I stand tall and strut to the door.  Being a trainer at the Caledon Boot camp, we don’t need to wait in line.  As I walk up to the door, I eye the pretty recruits in line.  Some shoot me cute smiles and I give a wink before walking in.  One thing about the boot camp, we don’t have the stringent rules of rank.  We can date whoever we want.  Caledon doesn’t care and that was good for me for a long time. 
I stopped because I wasn’t getting any younger and they’re kids.  It started to feel weird dating 18 to 22 year olds in your thirties. 
It was fun while it lasted.  Still, a little flirting never hurt anyone. 
“Raven.  How the hell are ya?”  Rocco, the doorman.  Huge guy with dark skin, dark eyes and dark hair.  His biceps are at least four inches larger than mine and his chest threatens to rip his black tank as he crosses his arms.  How he’s not an Alpha, I’ll never know.  He’s certainly built like one.  He's been here since I was a kid.  Great guy, but has no qualms of kicking your drunk ass out.  He’s landed me on the pavement more than a few times over the years. 
I side clap his hand and bro bump his chest.  “Good.  How’s the action?”  I ask.
“Smokin’ as always.  Enjoy.”  He holds the door and I walk into the dark hallway to the bar.  The black, white and blue lights are spinning around as people jump, holler and bounce. 
I’m a lone wolf tonight so, I’ll just grab a beer and post up at a table close to the ladies and see who comes to me. 
I put on a tough guy face and tip my bottle back as I eye the asses and chests dancing around.  I try to control the drooling as I mentally undress all of them.  I so need to get laid. 
Don’t look desperate.  Don’t look desperate.  You’re cool.  You got this. 
As I sipped my beer, a pair of green eyes catch mine.  I give a tiny smirk and turn my eyes away.  The blonde sways her hips my way.  I feel her gaze feeling me up. This was quicker than I thought. 
She slips her arm around my shoulders.  “Hi.  I’m Heather.”  She drawls.  Her long lashes flutter, but my eyes head straight to her cleavage in her tight red dress.  I lick my bottom lip.  My body heats and my dick twitches as her fingernails trace circles on my skin.
“I’m…”  My hearts racing so much, I can’t talk. 
She smiles.  “Wanna buy me a drink?”  She softly bites her full bottom lip and gives me those cute, baby doll eyes. 
“Uh…Yeah…Sure.”  I wave a waitress down and order her a beer. 
“Thanks.”  She says.
I decide to make a little small talk.  “Come here often?”
“Often enough.”  She chuckles.
“So…um…What do you do?”  I ask.
The waitress hands her the beer and she grins.  “Well…”  She leans to my ear and whispers what she does.
Fuck.
My lip twists as she tells me what she expects for her time.  My eyes close and I push her away.  “I’m not paying for it.  Get lost.”
She shrugs.  “Your loss, stud.  I’m worth it.  Thanks for the beer.”  She turns away with the beer I bought her and disappears.
I look up to the ceiling, talking to the fucking gods who are probably laughing their asses off.  “Really?” 
I grumble to myself and walk to the bar.  I straddle a stool and try to get my head straight.  It was just the first bite.  Shake it off.  Plenty here.  I lean on the bar top and tip my bottle back.  I feel gentle fingernails on my back. 
“I said I’m not paying…”  I say as I turn.  A sweet looking brunette with big blue eyes blinks at me.  Her red pouty lips and flushed cheeks have me howling in my head. 
“I wasn’t expecting you to.”  She smiles.  “You here alone?”
Ok.  Cass.  Cool, collected…
I raise my bottle to my lips.  “Yep.”  I say popping the ‘p'.
“Mind if I join you?”  She smiles.
Is this working?
“Free country.”  I say low.
She slides onto the stool beside me.  “I saw you by the dance floor and I must say…You are very interesting.”  She leans her elbow on the counter and crosses her fabulous legs beside me.  I side eye them as I take another swig. 
“I’m not that interesting.”  I grumble.
She leans to me.  “I think you are.  I happen to love quiet and broody.  It means there’s a lot under that fabulous hard body.” 
My eyes meet hers.  “Really?”  I say a little higher then I wanted.  I instantly correct with a cough.  “Really?” 
She giggles.  “Yes.  If you want, you can take me back to your place.” 
I sit up.  “You’re not joking.”
She giggles again.  Her ample chest slightly bounces in her shiny blue dress that stops just under her panties.  “No.  I’m not joking.  I’d like to get to know you a little better.  So, are we going?” 
“Uh…Sure…”  I stand up.  “Let’s go.”  As I escort her to the door, I watch her incredible ass sway and my semi wakes up once again.
“What’s your name anyway?”  I lean to her ear and ask over the music.
“No names.  Not yet.”  She smiles.
“Oh…Um…Sure.”  No names.  I think I kind of like that.  A little mystery can be fun. 
I put her in the passenger seat and get in behind the steering wheel. 
“Where do you live?”  She asks.
“My pack house.  You’ll love it.”  I respond as I back out of feral lot.  “Let’s go have some fun.”  I bounce my brows and step on the gas. 

****

An hour later, I’m all up in her.  Pulling hair, biting and licking this amazing woman all over. 
My hands grab her ass as I slam my stone dick into her tight pussy.  Goddamn, she’s hot.  She’s on her hands and knees as I pull on her hair and slide my other hand around her throat. 
“YESSS!  GOD…I’M COMING!!”  She screams as she white knuckles the sheets.
“FUCK, YESSS!”  I grind loud as my balls slam against her ass cheeks and my dick explodes inside her and I fist her hair. 
I grab her tits and bite the soft skin of her back as I pump my last strokes deep into her.  She bites the pillow and moans loud. 
I grab her chin, pull her lips to mine and shove my tongue down her throat. 
I break the kiss and catch her dreamy eyes.  “Tell me your name.”  I whisper as I kiss her skin. 
“I would, but I’m leaving.”  She pulls away and searches for her clothes. 
“What?”  I look confused as I sit up.
“It was great.  I really appreciate it.”  She smirks as she puts her dress back on. 
“You appreciate it?”  I question.
“Yeah.  Just what I needed after finding out my asshole boyfriend was banging his neighbor’s mate.”  She leans to me.  “Thanks.”  She kisses my nose.
“Oh, shit!”  I watch her leave.  This could be an opportunity of a lifetime.  A damsel in distress!  “Wait.”  I shove the blankets off and pull on my boxers. 
She walks down the hallway to the main room  and desperate me comes out.  “Stay.  We can talk about it…I can buy you dinner and breakfast in the morning…You can cry on my shoulder if you want…”
She stops and turns to me.  “That’s sweet.  You’re cute with the whole pretending to be dark and angry, but baby, I just needed someone easy.  I’m sorry.  The last thing I want is another man in my life.”   She heads to the front door.  “Maybe we'll hook up again sometime.  Toodles.”  She smiles, waves and walks out the door. 
Toodles?  Did…Did I just get used?
I stand in my underwear at the front door in complete disbelief.  This has got to be rock bottom for me.  Now, I’m an anonymous hook up boy?  My first day as the jerk and I’m the one used?
I turn and hit the wall with my fist as I go back to my room. “DAMN IT!” 
I slam myself in bed and stare at the ceiling. 
I can’t even be a jerk right.  I need help. 
I roll over and smell the girl who was just in my bed.  Her scent doesn’t calm me like it should.  It pisses me off.
“Goddamn it.”  At 2 am, I’m up, drinking coffee and doing laundry, trying to wash away my humiliation.
I try to rationalize this.  It was what it was supposed to be right?  A hook up.  Just some casual sex.  Why doesn’t it feel like that? 
By 5 am, I’m on my third pot and have been just been puttering around for the last three hours, still trying to process my first casual encounter in almost twenty years. 
For the last hour, I’ve been laid out on the couch of the common room, thinking.  I may not be the most impressive Alpha, but I can be fun and lovable.  Yeah sure, my pack house isn’t large.  More like an oversized ranch bungalow. Even though there’s a thousand of us in my pack, I’ve never really loved flash like River or Bastian.  Richmond is my town.  It’s about three hours outside of Caledon between Eden and Upton, Oliver and Deacons packs, respectively.  Though Deacon is just over a day away, there’s nothing between me and him so, a lot of times he crashes here because im closer to the boot camp. 
Anyway.
My pack is an awesome one full of laid back people.  I think any woman would be proud to be Luna for us.  We all just love hanging out at the beach, pack runs and just tuning with nature.  In retrospect, we’re the most docile of the Alliance.  Just going with flow.  At least some of us, anyway.  My flow is damned up and I’m sick of it. 
I’m lucky they don’t complain about not having a Luna, but I still feel guilty not having one for them.  I guess that’s part of the reason I’m trying so hard.  I’m almost 45 and still single.  Deacon couldn’t give a shit, but it bugs the crap out of me.  Especially, since I’m seeing the happy families at every meet.  Like a giant punch in the face. 
But, back to my first failed attempt at being an asshole.  I should just stop thinking and try again, but I feel like I need some insight into what an asshole really is.
I really can’t believe this is something I want to be and there’s only one person I can think of that can do that.
I walk to the kitchen island, I press my lips together and pull up my contact.
I open a text box.
YOU:  Hey, I know it’s early and you’re probably sleeping off a drunk, but can I ask you to meet me tonight at Falcon?  I need your help.
LUKE: …
YOU: ???
LUKE:  Can’t talk.  Too drunked.
I lower my head and shake it. 
YOU:  Text me when you wake up.
LUKE: …
I groan and throw my phone down on the counter.  I rub my exhausted head and face and stand up and lean back on the sink.
This better be good.