12 | lost your sparkle

✲ ✲ ✲

✲ ✲ ✲

J J W O O D F O R D

AFTER GETTING DRESSED INTO DRY CLOTHES, Finn heads us towards one of the bars along the seafront. Ivy and Daisy are trailing behind us in hushed tones, I've resisted the urge to glance over my shoulder a thousand times.

Finn steps closer to me and places an arm along my shoulders instead, physically forcing me not to turn around. "Don't worry bud," he says lightly. "I got you and Daisy."

When I turn to him he drops his eye into a wink. A sleazy knowing wink at that.

"What do you mean?"

He scoffs in my direction. "What do you mean, what do I mean? I've seen the way she looks at you, man. She wants you badly. So badly in fact I'm sure she'd probably even blow you in the toilet if you asked."

I shove him off me and grimace. "You're disgusting."

"Am I?" He raises an eyebrow and confirms all my existing suspicions.

"I barely know the girl," I grumble under my breath.

Finn shrugs. "Don't need to get to know someone to get laid."

Internally I'm cringing. My mindset has changed a fair amount since my one-night stand with Ivy. We sat down for hours, getting to know one another, sharing parts of our lives, teasing the fuck out of each other. The thought of bedding her without actually knowing a little bit about her makes my skin crawl.

We stop outside the bar and get a table outside, at the front of the sea. The weather today is blistering but knowing there is a storm coming soon, it's about to cool down the air majorly.

I slide into the seat first, Daisy diving over to sit beside me. Finn taps Ivy and pulls her away, dipping his head towards her ear so he can whisper something to her. "We'll go grab the drinks," he clears his throat as he pulls away and Ivy nods, glancing away. "What do you want?"

"I'll have a Stella, please." I pipe up.

Daisy's dark eyes flash my way. "Me too."

"Alright," Finn bows his head and I glance back at Ivy again.

She's avoiding my eyes at all costs and I wish she'd fucking look at me. I stare at the back of their heads as they walk into the building, towards the bar. "So," Daisy clamps a hand on my arm and I blink at the action, focusing on her dark red nails. "I've been wondering, why haven't you texted me back since the party?"

My mouth falls open but nothing comes out straight away. Daisy flutters her long lashes and then waits for me to respond, somehow moving impossibly closer to me. "Sorry," I exhale after a few moments. "I've barely been on my phone since I've been here. Just settling in with Finn, I didn't mean to ignore you."