48 | shower walls

✲ ✲ ✲

✲ ✲ ✲

J J W O O D F O R D

Ivy's entire body is laying on top of mine as I crack open my eyes. I smooth my hand down her back and then up again before cradling the nape of her neck. My head twists and I peck her temple but she's still fast asleep.

I love her being in my arms. I love being with her full stop.

Even though I slept fairly well, I'm still running last night through my mind. Seeing Ivy break down into a panic attack is the last thing I ever want to see and trying to keep her calm and safe is my priority.

With my conversation with Finn before, I thought things would be okay. I clearly thought wrong. I pray that when he wakes up this morning he realises how much I care for her, how much I truly love her.

Ivy twists in my hold and she releases a soft groan, nuzzling her face further into my neck. I kiss her again and keep my arms around her comfortably. "Good morning, beautiful."

Another groan. "It's so early."

"It's past ten," I chuckle.

She cracks those baby blue eyes open to me and then smiles when they finally adjust. "I clearly needed the sleep."

I hum in agreement. "Sure did, princess. How are you feeling?"

"Mmm," she huffs and rolls onto her back beside me. My hands slide down over her midriff. "Okay, I guess. Worried to see Finn but I'm glad it's all out in the open now."

My body shuffles forward and I press my lips to her forehead. "I think it's time you focus on what you want and how you feel, rather than everyone else."

She pulls back slowly and flicks her gaze over my face. "Yeah," her lips twitch. "I think you're right. I do. And that takes a lot of courage for me to say."

I press my hand to her cheek and swipe my thumb across her silk-like skin. "Can I ask you something?"

Ivy nods. "Of course."

"When was the last time you went to therapy?"

She blinks at my question and then stares at the wall. "I dunno, like a few months before I came back home."

"Do you think you still need to go?"

"Why are you asking this?"

"Because it's obvious you still carry so much guilt, shame, insecurity. Your panic attack last night was scary, Ivy. I know I witnessed it before but I felt like this was carrying a lot of underlying feelings. I want the best for you." I whisper, focusing on her eyes but she's not looking at me.

Ivy clears her throat and shoves her face further into the pillow. My heart pounds thinking I've stepped over the line of her clear boundaries but I have to admit, I'm worried about her. I want to know that she's getting the help that she needs."