23 | not a very nice friend

✲ ✲ ✲

✲ ✲ ✲

I V Y T H O M P S O N

After I hear the door close for the second time today, I know JJ has gone out somewhere. Finn has been at work since this morning and I haven't left my room. Last night was awkward to say the least.

Even the way JJ was staring at me. It makes my stomach flip now thinking about it.

I pluck myself from my bed and glance out the window at the glorious day.

Today I'm going to have a self-love day. I'm going to make a smoothie, put on my best bikini and sunbathe in the garden with a good book. Ugh, that sounds incredible already.

After a shower I pull on my black bikini which makes my pale skin pop more than usual, but I'm in the comfort of my own home. I try not to look at the scar that runs down the centre of my chest, today isn't one of those kinds of days.

I'm going to push all of my worries away.

I tie my hair up into a ponytail and grab a cover-up and a book from my shelves.

As I make myself a quick smoothie in the kitchen and remind myself to put on some sun cream before I burn. I take my drink outside and lounge on one of the sunbeds in the perfect angle of the beaming sun. I sigh with relief. This is me for the day. With my sunglasses positioned on my face and a book in my hands, nothing could be better.

An hour or so ticks by until my phone vibrates beside me. I put down the book and glance at the screen to find Daisy's name pop up. I frown at it. She hasn't even bothered speaking to me since the party, since she got drunk and decided to run her mouth for no reason.

I roll my eyes and reluctantly press the green button. "Hello?" I say dully.

She sniffles from the other line. "Ivy?" She whimpers.

My body twists on the sunbed and I press my feet to the floor. "What's the matter?"

"I'm outside your house, could you let me in?"

"Coming," I say before sprinting through the house to my front door.

My fingers latch onto the handle and open it to find Daisy sobbing on the other end. I open my mouth but she falls into my arms and I hug her back. Even though I'm slightly angry at her for the other night, I can't deny her a friendship right now.

"What happened?" I ask as I smoothe down the back of her brunette hair.

Slowly she pulls away from me, green eyes full with tears. "I feel like shit," she chokes.

I move my head away. "Why, what happened?"

She shuts the door behind me and I beckon my head for us to sit outside instead. Her footsteps follow me and I perch on the edge of the sunbed, she sits down right beside me.