Chapter 4: Enamorado

He sent her a message on Wednesday to check on her and Lily. She did not reply.

Even if he doesn't like texting, he makes an effort to message Victoria.

Today, he sent her a new bicycle to replace the one that broke because of him. He sent flowers as well for her and Lily.  He picked red roses just like the color of her dress when they first met.

Again... nothing.

She said she is widowed, he wonders for how long. Maybe she is still grieving.

Ever since meeting Victoria, she's all he could think about.

She is too young to be a widow and be left with a child. But that's beside the point. For the first time in almost a year, he felt something other than anger.

Enamorado. There is no direct english equivalent but that's it. He is definitely attracted to her. But now he waits for her to respond. Hoping she will accept the bike and the flowers.

Thursday is media day so it can get very busy.  Every chance he gets he checks his phone —still nothing from Victoria. He's getting impatient.

"Oi. Do not think too much. The delivery service said the flowers and the bicycle were received yesterday. Be patient, cabron" Caco tells him with the intent of making everyone in the garage hear.

His mechanics all singing  the "smooth operator" to tease him. They're not saying anything but they all knew what he went through the past  months and have supported him in ways they can. He appreciates it from the boys.

He texts her again to ask if she got the flowers and the bicycle.

Finally he sees that "Victoria is typing a message"

"Thank you. They were lovely x" was her reply

That's a pretty short reply. She is probably not interested to have a conversation.

He decides to be aggressive and asks her to dinner but in a smooth operator way

"Would you and Lily have dinner with me tomorrow after free practice? 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼" He replied

She read his message but responds with a photo of her and Lily lying on the bed with the text:

"Lily says she'll think about it and she says thank you for the bicycle and her new baby carrier. She just wants an assurance that you won't run into her again. 🤔"

He stares at the photo.  Fuck, she's beautiful. He can't help but pump his fist in the air because he did not only get a response but a photo of her. If only Lily wasn't in the photo, this image of Victoria will keep him company in many lonely nights. He noticed she's wearing a similar dress to the one she's wearing when they first met. Maybe it's for the easy access since she breastfeeds but those dresses make him hard, knowing her breasts are exposed just with a tiny movement.