Chapter 13: Qualifying

Spa, Belgium

Carlos had a great  car this weekend. This felt like he can actually win this race. The past two practice sessions were good. FP2 finishes at around 2 pm so he sends Victoria a text to let her know he'd meet them for dinner.

"I usually spend 4-5 hrs finishing the set up for tomorrow with the boys. Caco will pick you up at the station to take you to our hotel.  I'll see you for dinner? Xx"

"Yes, we're on our way. Goodluck with Gianna and see you later xx"

Victoria, Anita, and Lily are arriving early afternoon from Brussles. Spa is his favorite track in the calendar because the view is amazing. The whole place is amazing so he is glad he get to share this experience with Victoria.

Friday is usually the busiest because they had to make sure they set the car up for quali. Qualifying is crucial because it determines grid position. While it is easy to overtake in Spa, it's still best secure a good position on the starting grid.

He left the garage at around 8:30 pm. He told Victoria to eat ahead because he's running late.

He went straight to their suite. He was surprised to find out that Anita took Lily to stay with her in her room so that they can have some time alone. He had to make a mental note to thank her tomorrow over breakfast.

When he got in, Victoria is already asleep on the bed. She was wearing her silk robe and he assumes nothing beneath it. He always had this rule of no sex during race weekends, but with Victoria, it's a rule he is very much tempted to break.

He takes a shower and he gives her kiss.

"I've missed you baby. I'm sorry I got in late"

She doesn't open her eyes but leans in to kiss him again.

"Hmmm...i've missed you, too. Have you at least eaten?" She asks sleepily

"I had some fruits in between sessions" he lies beside her and he nuzzles his face at the crook of her neck while his hand lies caresses her stomach where her scars were.

She turned to face him as she opens her eyes. "Are you always like this during race weekends?"

"Yes —more or less. I usually don't eat during the day"

"You want me to make something for you from the bar?"

"Hmmm...no. Just go back to sleep, i'll get some cereal and yogurt"

"I'm already awake. Come, let's get you some breakfast for dinner."
They head to small kitchen bar in the suite.

"I'm sorry I didn't make ir in time for dinner" he glanced at her hand in his.

"It's okay. You focus on the race. We're just here to cheer for you." She smiles and it is full of love. Under that gaze, Carlos knew his heart was dangerously on the edge.

The went to bed at around 10:30.  It was wholesome, just some kissing and fondling but nothing beyond that. Even if he didn't tell her, it's as if Victoria knew his race weekend rule. Carlos woke up  at 6:30 and he already saw Victoria having breakfast at their balcony.

"Buenas dias. Did you get enough sleep?" He leans in to kiss her and to fix her robe so that her cleavage are covered. This is becomming his thing, making sure she's covered up.

"I ordered room service. I hope you don't mind. Some eggs and avocado and bread"

"Good morning to you,too.  Yes, avocado and eggs are okay and I always sleep better when you're beside me"

He opens his phone to look at his timetable.

"Busy day?"

He hands her his phone so that she can look at the timetable