Chapter 6: Free Practice

REDBULL RING
AUSTRIA

So we're waiting for the five lights and away we go!!!

The Austrian GP started good for Carlos, he was P3 in the Sprint race and he starts third in the main race. His teammate Charles Leclerc was P2 while reigning champion Max Verstappen was P1. 

He trained hard for this race because it is a short race with a lot of high speed corners. He is happy with the way his car was set up, hopefully he can gain a few more places this time, especially after the high from Silverstone.

He barely had time to talk to Victoria the whole week. He sent her a few photos from quali and the sprint and they facetimed briefly over breakfast just so he can wish her luck on her first day at work.

Today is raceday so he woke up early to train and warm up and then to have a few final discussions with his engineers regarding the car set up.

Around lunch, he receives a message from Victoria.
"Goodluck today, Fox.- from Me and Lily xx" along with a photo of her and Lily outside her flat.

-  from Me and Lily xx" along with a photo of her and Lily outside her flat

It made his heart jump. He can't explain it but it made him very happy.  So is this a new code or term of endearment? Lily calls him fox and now is that how Victoria calls him, too? He likes it.

"Gracias 😘 see you both soon. !vamos! 🦊"

He can't wait to go back to the UK to see them and to talk to Victoria about that kiss. Definitely it needs to happen again. He still gets a hard on just with the thought of tasting her lips again. Her lips down under might be sweeter, he wants a taste of that, too.

Now the race.

Lap 27

Leclerc pits which puts him in the lead.

"How many more laps?" He asks his engineer.

"43 and Verstappen 1.2 behind. "

Lap 57
Carlos was chasing Max Verstappen for P2. There was no warning or anything about the engine exploding then suddenly he felt something snap and the smoke billowed at the back of his car.

" Engine. Engine. No. No. No" he said to his engineer

 No" he said to his engineer