.・-: 𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙚𝙨

A LITTLE girl is crouched down by a red brick wall crying silently

A LITTLE girl is crouched down by a red brick wall crying silently. "Are you okay?" A boy about the same age as her says.

"Leave me alone!" The girl turns away sobbing more. Something hits her mary jane shoes making her look up

It was a chocolate milk bottle, she looks up at the boy holding two straws in his hand. "Wanna share?" He smiles widely.

The little girl nods moving closer to the boy so she's sitting next to him, he turns over to her and wipes her cheeks harshly, "No tears when having chocolate milk! That's what mommy says."

The boy hands the girl the drink, putting two staws in the bottle for both of them. the little girl takes a sip and smiles.

"All better?" The boy says happily.

She nods enthusiastically drinking some more, "If those meanies ever bother you again I'll beat 'em up!"  He says puffing out his chest to look stronger

The girl giggles and the boy turns to her and looks at her with a smile,  "I'm Xavier, now you know my name!"

"I'm Darla!" She says with a giggle,

"Now if those bullies ever bother you again all you have to do is same my name like a magic word and I will be right there." He says with a sparkle in his eyes, the boy was only a few inches above the girl in height but she still believed every word he said.

"Xavier!" She yells happily.

"Yes, my Queen?" He stands up and bows theatrically

"Xavier!" She yells again standing up with a giggle.

"I'm here my Queen!" He opens his arms widely trying to appear bigger.

"Xavier!" The little girl yells once more running into his arms, "Let's go play Xavier, let's go play!"

She pulls the boy towards the playground leaving the half-drunken milk bottle behind them.

"Xavier." She says in disbelief "You go to Nevermore?"

"Yeah, after my father realized I could be a 'hazard' to his career he sent me here." He says fiddling with his hands.

"Ah." a comfortable silence falls over them as they inspect each other, after years of not seeing each other they want to know how they have changed.

Darla slowly smiles looking at her old friend. "It's so good to see you."

Xavier chuckles "Yeah you too, what are you doing at Nevermore anyways?"

She bites her lip, "My powers, they got worse so I was sent here." She says. They can't she was lying because technically she's not, but she doesn't feel like spilling her heart again today.