.・-: 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩

IT HAD been a day since Darla arrived at Nevermore

IT HAD been a day since Darla arrived at Nevermore. Adjusting to her new settings hasn't been all that smooth, today was the second day of her classes and she was determined to not make a fool of herself like yesterday.

Let's just say she fell asleep in Outcast History which led her to be 40 minutes late for class only making the rumors of her grow.

She was the talk of the school, and the whispers and stares started to consume her. being the mysterious new girl that no one knew anything about wasn't all that fun anymore. She started walking faster down the hall.

She whips around a corner smashing her face into what she can only assume is a brick fucking wall because ouch.

She rubs her face and mutters a small sorry not even bothering to look up at the person she smashed into.

"Hey wait," said a familiar voice.

Darla turned around and sees Xavier, so he was the brick wall.

"You have a really hard chest" she comments, Xavier's lips quirked up.

"I've been looking for you everywhere." He walks closer to her.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm here."

He grabs her arm suddenly making a beeline toward the school's exit, "Xavier where are you taking me."

Her question is soon answered when they appear in a field with students flocking around canoes everywhere, she looks up at him confused.

He turns to her and sighs running a hand through his hair "I have a favor to ask of you."

She furrows her eyebrows "Well, usually Rowan is on our team for the Poe Cup race. And, well, he's not here.." he drags on.

Darla looks at him for a second then immediately understands what he means.

"You want me to replace Rowan?"

Xavier sighs again, "Originally I wasn't going to bother you, but the Poe Cup is tomorrow and no one else could do it."

Darla doesn't say anything, she thinks.

"Please Darla, our team won't qualify if we don't have at least four people."

Darla sighs rubbing her face, "fine."

Xavier cheers making her smile.

Darla turns around to leave but Xavier stops her "One more thing." He says with a guilty smile on his face.

Darla sighs, listening to the leaves crunch under her feet. Xavier asked- No, practically begged her to be on his Poe Cup team and then asked her to hide this... she looks at the object in her hand, it looked to be a mix of a screwdriver and a knife.