Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Sarah Jones POV

Thankfully, the elevator started moving again.

"Do you work here? What job do you do?"

Trying to satiate my curiosity I enthusiastically tried to indulge him in a talk, to which he only responded back with a very predictable glare. Funny because it shot his already scowling black thick arch shaped eyebrows to the height of Mount Everest.

Without being bothered, I kept on talking to him because maybe I wanted to annoy the hell out of him or to simply gauge the capacity of his glare.

"Oh, so you do not want to tell. Poor boy. You are afraid I might judge you based on your salary and rank. By the way, I am new here. I am the personal assistant of Mr. Woods."

For some dramatic effect, I leaned forward towards his ear and whispered.

"I have heard he is a perfectionist. All his assistants either resign or get fired in a few weeks. But I am not a quitter. Infact while I am here I intend to make his life really interesting." I clap my hands together enthusiastically. "I am so looking forward to my job".

Clearing his throat, his eyes darted across my figure, finally landing on my eyes. His eyes glinting, lips curled in a smirk.

"I can see you will. By the way, I am Jason, Jason Woods, your boss. So, you want to make my life interesting. Well, now I always believe in reciprocation. I will make sure to make your job here equally interesting if not more".

He is Jason Woods. Doomed,am I? My jaw dropped and decided to kiss the floor.

"Close your feisty mouth, I can see your cavity laden teeth and ofcourse we do not want you to catch any flies here. Do we?"

Just like that, he exited the elevator.
...........................

Jason's POV:

It was straight hate at first sight, if such a thing is even possible. As she ran to catch the elevator, the first thing I noticed were her heels, buried into the depths of mud to the extent that they will put shame to the sands of the Sahara desert. Each clink of them rang in my ears like a trumpet announcing an impending doom, sending an instant throb of ache through my head. Waves of wet uncombed hair flew around her heart shaped face, water dripping out of them and seeping down her pale skin. A rose-shaped tattoo peeked through the folded sleeves of her white wrinkled shirt. Her eyebrow piercing winked at me like the last straw of annoyance I could bear.

So unprofessional and yet so professionaly savage.

This is not how you dress for a corporate job.

I felt them all.
Annoyance, irritation, rage, anxiousness and all the other bad words in the dictionary,

Hitler vibes started to clog my brain, making me want to roughly tug at her wet hair till they rip apart from her scalp, balding her.

Only if I was that violent.
Maybe, just maybe, I will brush my fingers thrugh them, untangling all the knots.

I knew who she was when she mentioned her name. She is my father's friend's daughter.

"She has a lot of potential", my father had said. Now I see, only she has the potential to give an instant heart cancer by her mere sight. Though her resume and credentials are quite impressive, but by her looks, I am damn sure she will never be able to meet the criteria of a perfect assistant.

Worse, I cannot fire her. My father especially wanted her to work here (she can impress him with her Harvard degree but not me) and he would simply not allow that.

Fine if I can't fire her, I will shoot her.

Oh God. I sigh. She is going to be a nightmare.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Author's Note
Thank you for reading.
Share your opinion.

Jason: Vote if you want me to make Sarah's life interesting.