Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Jason's POV

Everything is perfect.
Yet everything feels flawed.

I should feel content.
Yet all I feel is a void.

I have come to realize that

Perfection is a flaw.
And mess itself is a perfection.

And that mess is a certain crazy girl named Sarah.
A chaotic mess but a beautiful one.

Imagine a person suddenly acting exactly the way you would approve of and leaves you dazed enough to consider your sanity or their sanity. That is what Sarah had been doing for the past few weeks.

The same Sarah who loves her messy look, all of a sudden started coming to the office in the most appropriate and tidy attire an employee could wear. The same Sarah who loves to eat food with her hands and wipe her hands on her clothes, suddenly started to act like she herself invented the dinning etiqettes.

At first I got worried that Sarah certainly caught a certain kind of flu. I even tried to check her forehead for fever to ensure she was alright and not actually possessed somehow. Until I realized what she was actually doing.

For the first time she was acting all sane and I wanted nothing more than her to be the other way around.

...........................
Sarah Jones POV

Now that I kind of understood where Jason came from, I was trying to be as perfect an assistant as humanly possible. Not that I would admit that I was the trouble maker, still I tried not to be an inducer of his anxiety.

I was working on my laptop when Jason addressed me.

"Why are you doing this, Sarah?"

Huh. I was confused for a moment.

"I do not understand. What do you mean, Jason? I am working because that is my job."

"I am talking about you. Why are you being like this?"

"Like what, Jason?"

"This perfect. Everyday you come to the office in your professional appearance, ironed clothes, tidy hair. Whenever you eat with me you eat your lunch with a fork, wipe your face with a napkin, every day you come early to the office before anybody else does and ensure that my office is just the way I like."

I gulped and averted my gaze to my laptop. Peeking at him from under my eyelashes I tried to reason out.

"I am just being dutiful."

He scoffed.

"Clearly you are doing way more than that."

"That should make you happy. You should give me a promotion not complain about it."

Jason shook his head and came to sit beside me.

"Sarah. You know what I admire the most about you.  You being you. You do not have to change yourself for anything or anybody else.
I want my messy, imperfect assistant back. Life is no fun with you changed like this. Remember, your aim was to make my life interesting, so make my life interesting. Just make sure that next time you do not use pink color to paint my office."

I let out a chuckle and he smiled at me.

"Okay Jason. Let's sign a contract that you won't sulk if it is a purple wall next time."

"Um.. he cleared his throat looking rather reluctant "There is something else I want to talk about too."

"I am all ears."