Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Sarah Jones POV

Audacity of that man!

By wrapping his arm around my waist, Jason could have fooled everyone in believing his gentlemanly nature, escorting me through out the party. All but me.
Shamelessly, he had ulterior motive of treating me as his plus one, keeping me hostage by his side.

Worse, he made me meet all his clients and endure all their traumatizing talks.

Any moment I tried to escape, he only tightened his grip on me. He did not even budge when I pinched his arm.

Wish I had claws.

Only when dinner was served, Jason let me sit. Lucky for him because any moment later, I would have taken the stilletos off my aching feet and hit Jason's head with its pointy heels.

A bump would have looked awful on his perfect head.

The kind heart of a person that I am, I still prepared a plate for Jason too, which he declined, saying he does not eat in public. Ungrateful.
Good for me because the food tasted divine and I ended up eating his fill as well. Not to mention, before I finished my serving, Jason already handed me his napkin, claiming he was sure I was going to wipe my face with my sleeves. How chivalrous.

We were still enjoying the party when a brunette came to us.

"Jason. New girlfriend, huh? Won't you introduce me to her?" Her voice an annoying high pitched shriek, immediately assaulting my ears.

Such an art piece. A pop art at that.

Raising my eyebrows amusingly I glanced at Jason.

"Sarah, she is Jasmine."

'His ex-girlfriend' Jasmine chimed in. 'I am so glad I dumped you, you were such a control freak.'

Ex- girlfriend.

Interesting choice, Jason.

My mind took the liberty to imagine them together and how ridiculous they looked made me bit into my lip trying to seize in
the laughter that threatened to flood out anytime.

Oh Jason, now I exactly understand where you come from. Spending time with people like Jasmine can definitely turn one into a sadist.

Hands clenched into fists, gritting his teeth, he calmly replied.
"And Jasmine, she is Sarah, my assistant."

"And his girlfriend." I instinctively stated. Jason all but glared at me.

What? I bit my lower lip.
Was it necessary? Ofcourse it was.
Her annoying smile was irking me. I had to wipe it off her face. Or maybe because I had seen the hurt that crossed Jason's face by her words, and I did not like it.

Only I get to hurt him.

Jasmine seethed with anger. Want some more action?

In the next moment, I tried to kiss Jason. Jason being the dumbest, could not grasp the point that it was merely for the show and tried to push me away immediately but I held onto him until I saw Jasmine leaving, but not before stomping her feet on her ground. Perhaps she was even more dumb than Jason.

"For a perfectionist, you were the worst kisser, Jason."

He shook his head.

"You are so unpredictable, Sarah. Has anybody told you that? I do not know why you were trying to help me, but be careful.'

Leaning down, he came at eye level with me, holding them captive.

"Do not fall for me, Sarah. I might be a perfectionist but I am no perfect man."