Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Sarah Jones POV

"Miss Jones. Do you know how to cut apples?"

Huh, what sort of question is that? I looked at him awkwardly.

"I know sir."

"Great. I am glad you won't cut your fingers then. Go to the pantry on the floor below. You will find apples in the refrigerator. Cut two of them, each in perfect cube of two centimeters by two centimeters."

"I am not your servant. Why would I cut apples for you?"

"You are my assistant. I am asking you for assistance."

What sin did I commit in my past life?
I was in hell and Jason was my personal tormentor.

Gritting my teeth, I snarled.
"How am I supposed to cut apples into cubes of two centimeters by two centimeters? I am not some culinary expert, sir."

"Oh yeah miss Jones, take this scale." Having said that, he threw a ruler towards me."

I knew it. He was trying to annoy me. He had this freaking mischievous smile on his face. I want to rip that amusing smile off his face or just rip his head apart from his neck with my teeth, no not with my teeth, it would leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Perhaps I should smash his head on the wall, but poor wall, why let the wall suffer?

I was still contemplating on 'methods to kill your boss' in my head when he interrupted my thoughts.

"What happened? Already want to quit? What did you say in the elevator? Oh, I remember. You want to make my life interesting. I am just trying to reciprocate. Is that wrong, miss?"

Just wait, Jason.
I am not sure if I want to make your life interesting anymore or not, but I will make sure to make your life hell.

I sliced the apples, making sure they were not to his liking. Even though, despite that I was absolutely capable of cutting them into almost equal-sized pieces, if not an exact two centimeter cube.
Still I did not do that.
Instead, I imagined the apples to be my boss' head and used the knife to radiate all my anger towards him, that is, towards the unfortunate apples in my hand.

As I entered his office again, I was met with the sight of him buried in a huge file. Probably trying to dig out some mistakes out of nowhere.
I took the opportunity to serve him the chef special apples right on top of the files he was viewing. He viewed the apples and then his gaze darted to my face.

Amazing view isn't it? Next time, you won't be ordering me to be your personal cook.

Irritation portrayed on his face which soon converted into an anxiety induced state of coma.

"What the...miss Jones" ...deep inhales... "they are not cubes; they are random sized.... freaking octagons, looking like pieces of jigsaw puzzle... deep inhales... each is of different size and shape than the other. Miss Jones... you...you..." deep inhales.

"Are you angry sir? You want to use a curse word? Don't you? Come on, say it. Let it all out. Or you do not know curse words. Let me teach you. One of the words starts with the letter F followed by a U, followed by a..."

Trying to take deep breaths, he furiously burnt me under his piercing gaze.

"Stop it. Leave my office right now or else you do not want to know what I am capable of."

Gladly.

Immediately I left his room and went into mine and opened the big window, breathing in the fresh air, trying to calm my nerves.
His anger had somehow scared me. I was not expecting him to react like that. What difference did it make how the apples were cut? Eventually, they will be like that once digested.

"Don't you dare jump from there. Are you trying to commit suicide in a lovely weather like this?"

Turning around, I smiled.

"Uncle Woods!"

"Are you okay Sarah? You were lost in thoughts when I knocked at your door."

"You know your son and you are still asking me if I am fine or not. For once, I thought he was going to fire me today. Not that it matters. I am doing this job just because of you. You know I could work at dad's office too, or anywhere else."

"I know dear. Sorry, but please do not quit the job, our company needs someone capable like you and trust me, he cannot fire you. I will never allow that."

I sighed.

"He does not need me."

"He will, once he knows how efficient you are in your work, he will not let you go."

"And don't you disappoint me by leaving this job. I want you to work along side Jason. Superwoman." He slightly patted my head and left.

Superwoman.
I shake my head.
Recalling how Jason had called me a superwoman that day.
Earlier I had thought he was actually trying to make fun of me but now I think it makes much more sense he was simply refering to what uncle sometimes calls me.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Author's Note
Thanks for reading.

Sarah: Vote if you are a super woman.