Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Sarah Jones POV

Today I was going to propose to Jason. Yeah, you read it right. What if I am a girl? Now that I know I am in love, I am not going to wait for Jason to make the move.

Jason was entirely focused on his work, studying some files. I moved beside him and swung his chair in my direction. Then I kneeled on my knees.
With a flushed face, he stammered.

"Sarah...what are...you doing?"

He looked so confused, and might I add constipated like on the first day we met.
To tease him further, I flipped my hair back seductively and placed my hands on his knees.

"What do you think, Jason?"
"Surely not what it looks like Sarah."

He smirked and pulled me up in his lap.
I gulped.

"Oh okay, I was just trying to propose to you."

Taking the ring out, I held his right hand and slipped the ring over his ring finger.

His eyes darted from the ring to my face. Clearing his throat, he spoke in a foreign tone.
"Sarah, you don't deserve me."

"What?"

My breathing halted. The butterflies dancing in my stomach froze and went into hibernation.

I had not expected him to say that. He loved me. I had seen it in his eyes.

"You deserve better. You do not deserve someone too ordinary."

I released the breath that I was holding.
Come back butterflies, you don't hibernate, bears do.

"You are right Jason, I don't deserve someone ordinary."

Jason's face paled. Tasting your own medicine?
Too bad I have a kind heart.

"Because I deserve the best. And you are my best Jason. Don't you ever question your worth to me?"

Tears escaped the confines of his eyes. I held his hand and placed a kiss on his ring.

"By the way Sarah, you know you skipped the part where a person utters 'Will you marry me' before  sliding the ring on. Someone can't wait to marry me I suppose."

I chuckled.

"Ofcourse. I don't believe in doing things the usual way, Jason. You should know that by now."
........................
Wedding day

I was walking down the aisle with my dad, nervous and happy at the same time, dressed up in a simple white satin ankle-length gown which had a fish tail at the back.

My makeup was relatively simple, and my hair was styled in a bun with a few curled tendrils escaping and reaching my shoulders.

Jason was looking right at me with so much love and tenderness. I was surprised to see he had styled his hair in a messy way, just because once I had told him I liked his messy hair better.

(Song-Flaws by Calum Scott)
There's a million different reasons why I love you
And I am sure that I could find a million more
There's not a single thing that I would change about you
You're picture perfect just the way you are
Cause I want you
And all your flaws
If you're looking for perfection
Take a look in your reflection
Cause I got mine
But I want yours
When you feel like you ain't beautiful
Just remember, I'm in love with all your flaws.
You've been hiding things that I just really love about you.
So promise me you'll be yourself and no one else because
I want you
And all your flaws

I was not going to cry. I was not going to ruin my makeup. But seeing Jason standing on the altar while this song played in the background made me tear up.

With an elated heart, I reached the stage. He held my hand and I took my place in front of him.

Myriad of emotions sparkled his eyes.
Love
Devotion
Submission
But pride shone the brightest. A pride that he had what others could never have.
Not his billion dollar assets.
But me. He had me. All of me. And that, I was worth it.

Butterflies danced in my stomach celebrating our union.

His eyes roamed over my face, before landing on my right ear.

Why was he looking so scrutinizly at my ears. Did I clean them properly? Did he spot some dirt or ear wax?

His hands reached up and fixed my pearl earring
"It was slightly twisted."
Oh.

"Were you getting irritated by it?"
I tried to read his eyes for any sign of anxiety but there was none.
"No, I just want my wife to look the best version of herself on her day among all the women out here. Isn't that what female species want?"

I chuckled.
Exactly, that is what I would very much prefer.

Perfection is over rated. I am in love with your flaws.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Author's Note
Thank you for reading. Liking the story? Vote and comment.