Falling - 9

(Elizabeth's POV)
"It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all" - Alfred Lord Tennyson
---

Walking off set, I see Y/N heading towards the trailers, looking a little upset. I don't know what to do, we seem to work well on set but off set she seems to not talk too much lately.

Deciding to follow, I stop at her trailer door and see if I can hear anything inside. I don't, so instead I knock but I get no response.

"Y/N? You ok?" I ask, knocking again to make sure she knows someone's at her door.

Once again after not getting a response, I decide to give it one more go.

"Y/N? I'm going to come in, ok?" I say, to make sure she knows and has enough warning to say something.

When I don't hear a response again, I try her trailer door which is unlocked. I open it slowly, knocking a little quieter as I open it.

"You ok in here?" I call in, but still quiet.

In her trailer now, I look around not seeing her. That's until I look to the couch, where she's laying down, still, staring straight ahead into nothing. 

"What's happening?" I ask, squatting next to her.

"Nothing," she turns over, now facing the back of the couch.

"Come on, please," I beg, knowing somethings wrong.

"No."

I ask the question I almost don't want the answer to. "Did I do something wrong?"

"I did," she says, and that's when I realize that's the answer I didn't want even more.

"I'm sure you didn't, but what did you do?"

Y/N just falls silent, leaving me wondering. What could've she done wrong? It must be something related to here, she didn't leave the parking lot before coming back to the trailer.

"Ok...you don't have to tell me but I'm going to sit and stay here at the very least."

"Hmmm no you can leave," she says tiredly.

"No I'm not, you're not ok."

"I am ok," she tries to convince me or herself, but either one isn't working.

"Y/N, we both know that's not true."

"Sure it is."

"You're an amazing actress, but this isn't fooling me. What did you do?"

"Fell in love with someone," she quietly whispers.

"Xela? Did something happen?"

Y/N sniffles, "Two people rather, I guess."

I'm trying to make progress, but it's hard when I'm being given next to nothing. I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do, and I don't have any clue what, or who, she can be talking about.

"Ok, two people, that's getting somewhere, can I know who?"

"You don't want to know..."

"Why not? Is it a serial killer or something?" I try to lighten the mood, and she smiles a little bit.

"No," Y/N chuckles, which I'm happy to see. "It's uhm, that's the thing, it's funny actually."

"Is it someone that works here?" I ask.

She just stays quiet, no nod or anything and that silence gives me the only answer I need. A wave of realization washes over me and runs me over like a truck (like that truck did derek shepherd). I don't know how I didn't figure this out before and all of the reclusion from me makes sense.