2. Mistake

Extracurricular activities are such a waste of time. Why is Weems even forcing me to do this?

After talking with Bianca Barclay- and breaking someone's glasses, I noticed Kate sitting on a bench, with her notebook, as usual. I decided to walk to her.

"Kate." I say, making the girl flinch. Odd.

"Oh! Wens. It's you. What can I help you with?" She asked, closing her notebook.

"Nothing. Just wanted to check up on you. "

"Aww...that's so sweet." Kate smiled and stood up.

"I'll kill you in your sleep, Ashford." I say sternly.

"Aw, come on, Wens~ I know you love me." She purred as she stepped closer to me, bending down to my height.

I shake my head. I can't let her know the effect she has on me. I can't let people know. "That's just stupid. Love is a dumb feeling. And I don't do feelings. So if you thought I was or ever will be in love with you, better forget about it now. You're nothing special. I hate you, like I hate everyone else." I look away, avoiding her sad expression.

This girl has made me go soft. And that can't happen. Wednesdays Addams dosent get soft for anyone.

But- the look on her face. Makes me think otherwise. Fuck. Now I feel bad.

Kate looked away from me and took a few steps back. No-

"I-"

"Thanks for letting me know, Wednesday. I'll stop bothering you then." She cut me off and just walked away, leaving me stare at her. For the first time in my life, I wanted to run after her and- hug her. To apologize. But all I could do, is stare as she walked back into the school, probably heading to our dorm. Why did I do that?

🕸🖤

Ok fine- I admit it; I messed up. I regret saying that to her. I regret hurting her. I never cared what people thing about me, why did I care now?

Now I'm having a hard time focusing on my investigation and Kate has been ignoring me since then. And I hate it. She's being cold and distant with everyone again. Including Enid. She looks exhausted as well...like she didn't sleep in a long time. Her ears and tail are out all the time now, but they're always down. From what I've read, it's how cats show they're scared or sad. And that makes me feel worse. I didn't see her eat either.