CHAPTER 8

The morning breeze carrying proportionately a little warmth of fall as the morning sun shining across the sky. An orange and yellowish maple leaf drifted over the foot of Noah, as he stood and looked up across the white clouds haze the clear and vast blue hue sky. Although the news informed him there was a 30% chance of precipitation.

He stretched out his body first and then he turned on the music in his smartwatch and a song spirits played his earbuds. A smile tugged on his lips, he ran and made his way out of the apartment complex. The streets were busy with vehicles, and like the storm he passed through the people on the sidewalk. His heartbeat ringing in his ears. The dopamine flowed through his body. He hoped that it would be better not to rain when he didn't like it and he was going to meet Angelo. Not that he'd thought where he was going to meet the man, but he could go to his office. Or tonight, he could meet him and ask him to be his boyfriend—maybe his husband. After all, Noah would make an offer to him that the man wouldn't be able to refuse him. Although it seemed unfair, the heroine of Angelo's story, Charlotte, didn't have to do anything to meet Angelo while he had to work his ass off to meet him. Anyway, he was happy, because he was going to accomplish his task.

As he turned to his right without realizing he collided with something hard and— a wall?—Or maybe not. Everything arising in the blink of an eye, that he didn't get the time to react and act when he was falling back and his butt halfway to hit the road. But his wrist was grabbed and before his body would crash with an incoming vehicle he was yanked to that person's rough and broad chest like some romantic movie; hero saves the heroine, and she thanks him with her beautiful smile that our hero bewitched by her immediately. And he wants to ask for her number, but he doesn't want the woman to think he is some kind of creep. So, he leaves and lets his so-called destiny decide. And guess what? They coincidentally work in the same place and the sparks between them ignite again. The hero asks her on a date, and she agrees. After dating for a long time, the hero pops the question and they get married after the heroine says yes—Noah should stop. Romantic movies and novels he had read rubbing off on him, making him doomster. The guy's heart skipped a beat when he noticed familiar cologne swiped into his nose.

Angelo steadily seized the guy by the wrist, who was about to strike down the asphalt concrete after stumbling with him. The warm wrist was flimsy in his big hand but not too flimsy like a woman's. Before a car could hit him, the man wrenched him. He could feel Noah's fast heartbeat pounding, the heat seeping out of his body, and he gasping for oxygen, shaking. He hadn't foreseen to bump into the guy; he thought he had given up when he didn't show up in the coffee shop for almost two weeks.

After a moment, Noah raised his head and looked up at him, making Angelo's heart miss a beat. The sun rays casting a glow on his damped warm ivory skin, and his golden-brown eyes sparkling with something. Those natural red lips—way too red to be natural curved into a smile. A drop of his sweat trailed down from his temple to his neck and finally trailed underneath his black truck jacket. Suddenly, Angelo let go of the wrist that he had been holding and took a step back.

". . .Mr. Moretti," he said, flicking off the music, and continued with a crook smile, "sorry for bumping into you. And thanks for saving my butt." He paused and asked, "It's been long, but, of course, not too long. . . So how's it going?"

'Now I'm looking at you, I miss you. I wonder if it's because I have been thinking about you all these days about marrying you and going back to my home.'

Angelo stared at him; he gnawing his bottom lip, resisting to display his thought on his face. The man suspected that he was acting on the strange order of his boss to kill him. He disregarded him and went to the florist shop in front of them.

"Mr. Moretti . . ." Noah ran behind him. "I don't see your men today. . ."

Noah had become a chatterbox as the protagonist prefers to be reticent rather than talk with his nemesis's guy. Angelo pushed the door inward, and the doorbell tinkled. But he didn't bother to hold the door for him. But before it closed over his face, he held it and entered the florist shop.