CHAPTER 23

[some mature content, 18+, or read it at your own risk]

"Let me do it as you've cooked," Angelo said, dumping the dishes into the sink. He had taken off the jacket and rolled up his sleeves, which were implanting more stars to his god-like looks always.

"We can do it together," Noah said. The idea of doing nothing seemed dull to him. He had already washed the cookware before he took a bath, so these were only tableware.

So they cleaned the dishes together. 

"You have magic in your hands. haven't you thought to become a chef," Angelo remarked as he handed him another plate to dry off.

"I thank you, but you are exaggerating." He chuckled embarrassingly. He had learned from his mother cooking, she was always trying new stuff from Youtube. Sometimes, on weekends Noah helped his mother as an assistant. that they would have different cuisines most of the days, but they would have Mexican often as it was his father's favorite as well.

"I'm not being modest just stating the fact. You can be my personal cook if you want?" Angelo said before as he handed him another plate.

"Would I get a salary?" he asked the man playfully as he pretended to consider his offer. The man glanced at him back and asked as they continued to wash the dishes together.

"How much do you want?"

Noah had no doubt the job would be with a good salary, but Angelo was serious and he could not live where Angelo would know twenty-four-seven what he was doing. He shook his head with a smile, "I will cook for you whenever you want to eat my food, but I have plans to write a story."

"What kind of stories do you want to write?"

"Romantic stories between men." Noah's cheeks turned slightly red. Being with Angelo, Noah felt splendid that after years, now, he'd had this craving to continue writing more stories. Simply, his fingers itched to dance onto the keys of the laptop.

"Will you let me read first?"

"I will let you know when I start first."

Angelo asked him another question as he passed him another plate, "What's your favorite food?"

"Japanese curry rice. You know, if I have to live on one dish. I can live the rest of my life on this." He grinned and Angelo chuckled.

"What's your middle name?" It was an abrupt question.

"Hikari," Noah responded.

"Hikari- light?"

"Yep!" Noah put back the plate on the rack. "Lisa- a caretaker, told me. I had my name with me When I was left at the orphanage."

His middle name rolled on Angelo's tongue, seemed beautiful, and sexy when repeated as if he needed to feel it, "Hikari. It's beautiful." He looked at him, and ticklish his heart.

Angelo pulled off the gloves, and put them back on the hanger to dry.

"Angelo, can I ask you something?" Noah asked.

"Ask away?" Angelo said, washing his hands. 

Noah handed him a towel to dry his hands before he asked him, "Do you like what you do?"

Angelo toweled his hands.  "You have to be specific,  Amore."

Noah cheek flushed because he knew the mean of the endearment, Amore; Noah collected himself and looked back at the man. "You like being a mob boss?"

There was a paused before Angelo spoke, holding the towel.

"Noah, I am just a regular man who sometimes helps people, not some petty mob who loots innocents. You said it once, sometimes, I don't like the way I do it but the situation demands it from me. However, I really never give much thought when it kind of seems like my obligation. To answer your question, if I like being a mob boss or not, I won't be in the business for so long if I haven't liked it."