CHAPTER 24

The next day in the morning around 10 am. An old man named Mason, who was Moretti's family tailor, taking measurements of Noah's body for a suit that he would wear on Luciano's birthday tonight.

"Spread your arms, Mr. Edwards," Mason said to him.

Noah did as he was told, and stood like a scarecrow in the living room. To be accurate, he was in an opulent penthouse, the west wing of the Moretti compound. From on now, he would be living with Angelo here. At breakfast, Angelo told him to move in with him. He left no choice to Noah with his reasonable explanation:  the man could not gamble with his life as he had betrayed Antonio and chose to be with him. 

So, the next thing he knew he was in the car with the man. And then, he was standing in a new house, much bigger and more luxurious than his previous apartment. He could bet it was prepared for him just recently when he checked the closet full of new clothes since he didn't bring anything with him.

He wondered if he could say no to Angelo for anything? Or if the man was very good at persuading. Yet it was not like Noah didn't want to get together with him. He was loving every ounce of attention Angelo was giving to him. He was important to him—the special kind of important—like he'd never been like to anyone ever.  

"You will get your suit in a few hours," Mason informed him and Noah thanked him.

He put his work diary into the leather brown messenger bag with the measuring tape.

He opened the door for the old man, and watched Em who was surrounded by a lot of guys in the hallway- they were five-eleven men as he counted them.

"What is going on here," he asked, and all the guys turned to him.

"Nothing," Em replied. When his expression turned pale and it seemed like nothing to him.

"They are betting on you and Angelo," Mason divulged before leaving all of them.

"What are you betting on?" He asked Em.

But Tom came forward and decided to do the favor to all the guys, "We bet on if Boss would bring you here to live before the week or months or never. Em was certain you would be here before the week, so he won the bet."

'Are these guys for real?' he thought. He couldn't decide if he was amused or he did not like they were betting.

"And what else are you betting on?" Noah folded his arms across his chest.

"Boss has accepted your marriage proposal or not, or you would betray Boss or not."

"Is this true?" one of the guys asked curiously.

Noah said immediately, "No." He did not know for which question his answer stood. Or it was for both. damn! it's giving him a headache.

"Does Angelo know about the bets?"

"Please, don't tell Boss," Em urged.

"Okay, I won't tell him if you stop guarding me," Noah said straightforwardly.

"But I cannot do this, Boss ordered me to watch over you," Em said.

It was rather that Angelo commanded him to make certain he wouldn't try to run away, which he attempted to do. He had told Angelo over the phone that he wanted to go shopping as he did not have clothes for the birthday party. Though Angelo told him he did not need to go outside for it. And, after a while, a tailor named Mason was sent to him.

"Okay. I don't have a choice but to tell Angelo about the bets." He wasn't comfortable that someone was with him all the time to keep an eye on him. Or protect him.