Chapter 10 = Flashback PT 2

This is the last part of flashbacks. She will be played by her older self. I hope you enjoy.

Flashback 4
Third P.O.V.

Layra was currently flying on her dragon, Nyxondra with Rhaena who still doesn't have a dragon yet. Baela was riding on here dragon, Moondancer.

"Thank you cousin for letting me ride with you." Rhaena says happily.

"You're welcome, cousin. You'll get a dragon soon. But I do know Nyxondra is hatching several dragons soon. So I'll let you pick one if you'd like." Layra tells her.

"You really mean that?" Rhaena asks.

"Of course! Besides you and Baela are my favorite cousins and I see you two as sisters I've never had before." Layra told her. "Considering my whore of a mother can only produce sons."

Rhaena laughs.

"Has Aemond sent a letter yet?" Baela calls over from Moondancer.

"I haven't checked the letters but maybe!" Layra called back.

"You two have been sending letters back and forth to each other. I'm surprised you two haven't gotten married yet." Rhaena says loud enough for her sister and cousin to hear.

"Oh ha ha. You're so funny." Layra says.

"She's right. Even grandmother, Vaemond, grandsire and everyone else thinks that." Baela says.

Layra grumbles and her cousins both chuckle. They ride for a few more hours before deciding to head back. Once they touched down they let the dragons go spend time together.

They get back and are greeted by Rhaenys who smiles at them.

"How was the ride." Rhaenys asks like a mother would when their children are back from someplace.

"It was amazing and Layra told me Nyxondra is going to laying eggs soon and she will let me have one." Rhaena told her.

"That's amazing and thank you, Layra." Rhaenys says with a smile.

"It's the least I could do since she's the only one without a dragon." Layra says as she hugged her cousins with a smile.

Flashback 5

Layra was grabbing an egg that Nyxondra had laid. She was going to surprise Rhaena with the egg.

She grabbed a white and blue dragon egg that she'd think would be perfect for her cousin. She hands it to a dragonkeeper to hold for a bit while she goes to get Rhaena.

 She hands it to a dragonkeeper to hold for a bit while she goes to get Rhaena

Layra ran towards the castle to find her cousin. She soon finds her with Baela, Rhaenys and Vaemond.

"Rhaena!!" Layra says in a sing song voice.

Said girl turns to see her elder cousin walking towards the ground with a smile.

"Yes?" Rhaena asks confused.

"I have a surprise for you. Would you like to see it?" Layra asks.

"Sure." Rhaena says. "Can Baela see it?"

"She already knows what it is." Layra said. "But of course she can come with."

The three quickly walk out of the castle and soon appear at the dragon pit where they see a dragonkeeper cleaning an egg.

"Rhaena, this is your dragon egg." Layra says presenting the egg to her cousin who gasped.

"It's beautiful, thank you cousin." Rhaena says hugging Layra who hugged back.

"Can we hatch it?" Rhaena asks.

"Of course." Layra says and the three cousins head up to the castle not before Layra thanked the dragonkeeper.

Flashback 6

The cousins were flying on their dragons. Rhaena's dragon egg hatched just a few hours after being put in fire. And it was a pretty blue dragon that she named, Saphira.

Saphira

Saphira had grown really quickly since Layra suggested doing Nyxondra's diet. Layra had also convinced Rhaenys and Baela to do the same and let's just say all four dragons were the same size as Balerion was.

"This is amazing!!" Rhaena exclaimed as she felt the wind hit her face.

"It's the energy you get when flying your dragon!" Layra told her with a smile.

"Race ya back to Driftmark!! Last one there has to do what the winner wants for a week!! Baela yells to her sister and cousin.

"You're on!!" Layra and Rhaena said together before they get in position.

"Ready....... Set........ Go.........!!" Layra yells and off the dragons go.

Nyxondra was behind the two dragons with Moondancer in second and Saphira in first. They see Driftmark and Nyxondra got more speed passing the two dragons and landing first with Saphira next and then Moondancer.

"Alright what do I have to do?" Baela asks.

"I've gotta think about it. I'll tell you at supper." Layra told her with a smile as she kissed Nyxondra on the nose.