Chapter 5

He stood up from his chair and nodding at Arjun who fills Manik about the meeting. He took his blazer and wore it. He took a file and gesturing Arjun to follow him walks out of the cabin.

He was talking to Arjun when he stopped and looks at one direction and thought why was she here. He thought is he hallucinating the girl who bumped to him at the cafe.

Manik ( mind) how can she be here? Manik what is wrong with you? Why are you thinking about her.

Manik's thought was disturbed by Arjun who also stops and noticing his boss stopped walking turns around and found him staring at somewhere.

He walks to Manik and calls his name out gaining Manik's attention. Manik diverts his gaze and looks at Arjun.

Arjun : sir what happened? Where are you looking at?

Manik : nowhere! What were you saying?

Arjun looks so confused seeing his boss behaving so at strange but nevertheless shaking his head continues telling him about the meeting.

They both walked into a meeting room and looks at everyone who was present in the room. Manik eyes falls on Abhi and giving him a soft smile sits on his chair and gestures everyone to sit down.

Everyone took their seats and looks at Manik who opening his laptop started the meeting. The meeting went on whereas on the other hand Nandini sitting in canteen looks around and was feeling so bored.

She didn't know why she was sitting in canteen or why she decided to come with Abhi. She took a breath and taking her phone out messaged her friend who lives New York. Slouching her elbow on the table she looks around the canteen and could hear people talking and laughing.

What caught her attention was group of girls gossiping about their boss. She looked over a table where three to four girls were sitting around a table and talking so loudly grabbing everyone's attention.

Nandini ( mind) who the heck think or dreams about their boss like them? I wonder who their boss is?

Her thoughts were broken by a voice. She looks at the person who comes there disturbing her.

Nandini : hi! Do I know you?

Person : no! You don't know me. But can I ask you, who are you? Who allowed you inside? Outsider are not allowed in. Are related to anyone here?

Nandini looks at the girl and was to answer but someone else beats Nandini. Nandini'a eyes went to a man who starts approaching towards them. She looks back at the girl whose face paled up seeing the person.

Girl : Arjun sir, what are you doing here? Is the meeting over?

Arjun : I should be asking you the same question. This is canteen and people comes here during their break. Can I ask you the same question? What are you doing here?

Girl : sir. I'm on my break. I found this girl sitting here alone. She doesn't work here sir. I was just talking to her about how she is allowed here.

Arjun looks at the girl first then looks at Nandini who passed him a smile making him return the smile back. Arjun glanced back looking at the girl and said.

Arjun : you don't need to worry about who authorised her access in this building. You should focus on your work. I'll have a word with this young lady here. You may leave and have a lunch break.

The girl nodded her head and left leaving Arjun and Nandini alone. Nandini looks at him.

Nandini: thank for you for your help but do I know you?