Chapter 15: Truth

"You want to tell me why you dragged me out of bed so early in the morning? I mean, off the couch

"You want to tell me why you dragged me out of bed so early in the morning? I mean, off the couch." I spoke as Theo and I sat down at the restaurant.

"Lyssa is back."

"What?" I laughed. "Are you drunk? I don't know what you had buddy, but you should share."

"I mean it, Sebastian." He looked at me seriously. "She's back."

"Maybe we're misunderstanding each other here, Theo." I leaned my elbows on the table. "Lyssa, Killian's girlfriend, Lucy's adoptive mother, died eleven months ago when a building collapsed on her." Don't ask, long story.

"Yes." He looked at me like I was an idiot. "But she obviously survived."

"How sure..."

"She tried to kill them." He cut me off.

"Oh yeah, that sounds like her." I laughed.

"I have to get back to New York."

"Wait what? No." He can't leave. He needs to talk to Maya first.

"I don't like it either, trust me. I thought I would have more time with Maya, but I have to go back."

"No Theo, trust me, you should stay." Lyssa chose a really bad time to come back from the dead.

"I can't. I have to help them. But I can't tell Maya that. So what do I tell her? That I'm leaving her again after telling her I wouldn't?"

"You can't leave." I said between my teeth.

"What's your problem Sebastian?" He frowned. "Shouldn't you be glad we're leaving?"

"Under other circumstances, I would have already sat on the plane, but..." I stopped and took a breath. I looked away from him and ran my tongue over my front teeth. "Maya has a problem." I finally said.

"What problem?" He looked at me confused.

"I..." I let out a frustrated breath. "She was supposed to tell you herself."

"Tell me what, Sebastian?" He insisted.

"She has a...Maya has uhmm..." I swallowed hard, knowing that if I said it, someone is going to end up dead.

If we had no connection to the mafia, he might have taken it differently that his sister has a stalker. But what if this stalker isn't after Maya, but wants to get to Theo and Killian through her?

"I swear Sebastian, if you don't tell me what..."

"She has a stalker." I finally said and regretted it at that moment.

Fuck.