Chapter 26: Great timing

"When are we leaving?" Maya asked as we entered the motel

I looked at my phone. "In two hours. You can change, for now, I'll pop over to get some food."

"Pizza?" She looked at me with hope in her eyes.

I don't blame her for being hungry. The food at Dave's wedding was disgusting. I will never look at caviar in movies as I did before.

"I was thinking onion rings, but if you want pizza..."

"What no!" She stopped me when I was leaving. "Onion rings and pizza."

"Can you get any more unhealthy?" I was joking.

"Says a guy who stinks of cigarettes." She crossed her arms over her breasts.

"Says the woman with the package in her purse." I smiled.

"Get out." She laughed and pushed me towards the door. "And beer!" She screamed as I closed the door.

I shook my head and laughed. I wonder why she has to be so perfect.

Perfect? First beautiful and now perfect? Get it together Sebastian, you're beginning to act like a high school student that has a crush.

*****

I came back about half an hour later, with two boxes of pizza, one container full of disgusting onion rings, and four beers.

When I opened the door, Maya was nowhere to be found. I put everything on the table under the window and only then did he hear her from the bathroom.

"You did not." I heard a woman's familiar laugh. Julie.

"Oh yeah, I did." Maya laughed. "Right in the crotch. But he deserved it." I walked closer to the ajar door.

"I'm so proud of you, you can't even imagine."

"Stop it, I'm starting to blush." She changed her tone of voice to a flirtatious one.

"But you felt amazing, didn't you? You finally told him to his face."

"It was liberating." She breathed a sigh of relief. "Shit Julie, what kind of makeup did give me, it won't come off."

"Don't complain, Mimi."

"Julie." There was a warning in her voice.

"What? Sebastian can call you that. Why can't I?" She sounded offended.

"Because. Don't ask stupid questions."

I shouldn't listen to their conversation. I am not included in it. I reached for the handle to open the door and let her know I was there when Julie spoke again.

"Are you going to tell him?" At her words, I pulled my hand away from the handle.

Tell me what?

"What are you talking about?"