Chapter 19: Haunted by the past

The last thing I want to think about right now is yesterday

The last thing I want to think about right now is yesterday. No, that's not true. It's the penultimate thing.

But yesterday was complete chaos. A stalker broke into my apartment and destroyed it. After a long time, I saw Mr. Johnson, which threw me off more than the red writing on my wall, and finally...I flirted with Acker.

That is if you can even call it that. I was ready to jump his bones in the kitchen. Why? I don't know, but I will find the reason, I promise.

It was nothing embarrassing. He obviously liked it. See the erection that he didn't even try to hide. In the end, it ended with just that. That's good.

Although I think Acker is definitely someone I'd enjoy in bed with. His strong hands holding mine above my head. Huge tattooed chest on me. His...

"We're at work." My thoughts were interrupted by Julie, who stood opposite me. "Stop thinking about sex."

"What?" I frowned. "I wasn't thinking of..." I didn't even try to finish my sentence. It would be useless, she knows me too well, so I just waved it off and threw the towel I had on my shoulder onto the bar, and started wiping it down.

"I hate Wednesdays." She leaned her elbows on the bar and put her head in her hands.

"And why?" I laughed when I saw her sad expression.

"It's the middle of the week." She moaned. "It's the worst day."

"I thought the worst was Monday." I frowned.

"Well, yes, but today is Wednesday, so Wednesday is the worst day. Stop arguing with me." She pointed her finger at me.

"Sorry." I shook my head with a laugh.

Julie is not acting strange at all, even after I told her about yesterday's incident. It caught her off guard for a moment, but she was back to work within minutes. I don't know why. Although I'm glad she's not acting out.

"Shoot, I'm done." She came to her senses when she noticed the clock above the bar. "I'm going to go change, I'll be back in a second." She patted the counter and run to the back.

I turned to check the time. She's right, it's late. Mason should be here by now. Weird, he's never late.

I returned my attention to the bar in front of me and scanned the customers.

There were a few regulars, some new faces, but I was surprised to find Acker at a table on the other side, directly across from me, with a woman next to him. His full attention was on her and it was obvious that she likes it. She plays with a strand of her hair and laughs at every word that comes out of his mouth.

We should hire him as a stand-up comedian if he is really that funny. They would pay us extra just because he was on stage where all the women can ogle him.

Sounds like a good business.

"Sorry that I'm late." I was pulled out of my thoughts by a voice approaching the bar.