vi. currents

"Someone! Someone help me!" Ethan yells as he and Asher carry Danny into the hospital

"Someone! Someone help me!" Ethan yells as he and Asher carry Danny into the hospital. "I need help!"

Scott looks over from where he's seated beside some random lady, worry and confusion written all over his face. Melissa walks over and helps the two get Danny onto a seat.

"Okay, gentle, gentle, gentle!" The woman repeats.

Danny screams out in pain as he hits the chair. "We got you, Dan." Asher says softly before her and Ethan get dragged away by Scott.

"What did you do to him?" Scott asked.

"Nothing. He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it just kept getting worse." Ethan answered, watching Danny.

"This is not good." Melissa said, checking on the boy. "How much longer on Dr. Hilyard?"

The woman behind the desk just shrugged.

"His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax." She says.

As soon as she gets the words out, Danny falls onto the ground, throwing up. Ethan grabs Asher's arm, pulling her away with him. She looks at what came out of his mouth, realizing what's wrong.

"Mistletoe." Asher speaks up, looking at Ethan who has the same look on his face.

Scott looks over at the two, angry for his friend. Asher avoids his gaze as she looks back at Danny. He was her closest friend and she couldn't lose him.

--------------------

The Lewis girl had to walk away after seeing Danny like that. She knew it was hurting Ethan, too, but she just couldn't take anymore pain. Asher thought Danny was pretty much her best friend, mainly because he was her only friend, but also because they were close.

Asher stared at herself in the mirror, tears threatening to spill. She could hear Danny's heavy breathing from the room they wheeled him into. She heard Ethan, Scott and Melissa talking to each other, trying to figure out how to save him. Suddenly, the girl felt anger bubbling up inside her. Asher's eyes flashed yellow as she let out a grunt, punching the mirror in front of her. She watched it shatter, glass flying everywhere. Asher felt the pieces stuck in her hand, but just left them as she walked out of the room back to Danny.

"He's gonna die, isn't he?" Scott questioned as Asher entered the room.

She walked up beside Melissa, getting a look of empathy from the woman. Asher looked up at Ethan and saw the pure heartbreak on his face.

Melissa looked at something behind her. "No. No, he's not." She looked back at her son. "Scott, you grab the tape. You grab those scissors and cut his shirt open." The woman said to Ethan.