x. monstrous

╰┈➤ ❝ [Great! The psycho bitch is the only one she wants to talk to

╰┈ [Great! The psycho bitch is the only one she wants to talk to.]

"Are you sure that you're okay?" Asher asked Lydia for the millionth time as they waited in the station.

"Asher, yes!" Lydia answered. "I saw a doctor, they let me leave. So, I am fine."

Asher sighed, going to say something else but stopping when Stilinski walks out of his office.

"What did she say?" Lydia asked instantly.

"Hard to tell." The man answered. "There were words. I'm not sure if they were actual sentences."

"Nothing." Lydia sighed.

Stilinski picked up the phone. "I think we need a psychologist. Or a medium."

"Is she even competent enough to be charged?" Asher asked.

The Sheriff put the phone back down. "If Meredith is the Benefactor, then that means she was competent enough to trick Kate into opening the Hale Vault, competent enough to blackmail Brunski into helping her, and competent enough to create a hit list and pay out money for its completion. This girl's practically a criminal mastermind." He looks at Meredith through the glass.

"I feel like that's going a bit far." Asher pursed her lips.

"There's got to be a reason why she would do this." Lydia said softly.

Stilinski looks back at them. "I'm only interested in the "why" if it tells me the "how"."

"You mean how to stop it?" Lydia assumes.

"After what happened to Scott tonight, this thing's still going." Stilinski said. "The payments could be automatic. And as long as the killers are getting paid, and paid very well, that list is gonna keep getting smaller."

Asher rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes. "We don't just need to stop the deadpool."

"We need to stop the money." Stilinski finished.

It was the next morning now, the two girls asleep outside of the office. Lydia had her head leaned onto Asher's shoulder, the latter holding her close with an arm around her shoulder. Stilinski had given them his jacket as a cover, and it lay over their laps.

Lydia's eyes open slowly as the door to the office gets opened. A few people walk out before Stilinski does.

"Hey, Ash." Lydia shakes her girl awake.

Asher wakes up with a small whine of annoyance. She's usually a very light sleeper considering how well her hearing was, but she was exhausted. "Hmm?"

"Wake up." Lydia said.

Asher opened her eyes as Stilinski sits beside Lydia on the bench. Asher was sitting closest to the door, meaning there was only an open spot next to the Lydia.