Jeff x Reader (Fluff)

Ducking beneath Figure's scrawny arms, (Y/n) slid across the floor, narrowly avoiding fatal contact with his claws.

Ravenously, Figure paced behind them, drawing nearer with every passing second. Not a moment could be wasted in the life-or-death situation, and they had to go about this with utmost care and incredibly quick thinking. Contemplating a single second longer than they could would be fatal, foolish and agonising.

As they slammed their body into the wardrobe, it shook for a minute. Figure, being skilled with echolocation, heard the sound and scraped his heels over to their hiding spot.

Kicking the doors wide open, they knocked Figure in the shins, causing him to fall to the ground. Even so, Figure's claws dug into (Y/n)'s back and stomach, his thumb digging deep into their lower midsection and into the lining of their stomach.

Grimacing, (Y/n) threw a heavy right hook, knocking Figure to the ground and repeatedly slammed their fists into his face, making him begin to yelp.

Once Figure showed signs of being in pain, (Y/n) got off of him and left to find the books. In a submissive way, Figure whimpered and scampered up to his feet.

Clutching their puncture wound, (Y/n) gritted their teeth and breathed heavily. Taking the paper and books, they input the code and threw the library doors open in triumph and pain.

The last sight they got was Figure whimpering as he caressed his bloodied cheek, before they fell unconscious.

_______________________________

Two white glowing orbs were before their face when they awoke. A violet tentacle strung them upside down in the air, as the two orbs narrowed.

"A human?" A ghastly voice said.

"Uhh...yes? I'm a human, but what do you want with me?" (Y/n) asked, their tone rather rude.

A voice came from behind them, coming from a red goblin that was half their size that had golden eyes and a piercing,"Hola, amigo."

"What the hell is going on in this hotel? One second a salami dude is stabbing into me, the next-"

"Salami düd? Oh, he's a pest, amigo, a real pain, él es." The goblin saidz differentiating between Spanish and English without much thought.

Being set down on their own two feet, (Y/n) stared up at the wooden planks overhead.

Jeff's Ƨhop

"A..literate entity?" (Y/n) mused, incredibly surprised by the concept,"So...you must be Jeff, then?"

The entity's eyelids curved upwards, indicating a sort of joy at its name being mentioned. Or, his name being mentioned.

"Ay, mi llamo El Goblino, amigo. Y te llamas?" El Goblino asked.

(Y/n) had basic knowledge of Spanish and knew it would be best to introduce themself,"Soy (Y/n). I know a little bit of Spanish."

"Ah, I understand, amigo. Well, this is Bob and that there's Jeff, düd." El Goblino introduced, smiling a little and showing a fang or two.

Patting (Y/n) on the head with a tentacle, Jeff indicated that he quite liked them. Seeing Jeff's little too jar, (Y/n) stared over at it.

Tips

"Tips? What would you use the gold for?" (Y/n) enquired.

With gleaming, bright eyes, Jeff told them,"College."

"College." Jeff confirmed.

With widened eyes, (Y/n) glanced at him,"College? You want to go to college?"

Nodding, Jeff smiled with his eyes,"College."

Scouring through their pockets, they managed to find 445 gold.

A hundred of that gold was put straight into the jar, leaving them 345. They bought a crucifix from him for 250, leaving them 95.

Tucking the crucifix into the pocket, they offered a hand to Jeff to shake, in a polite manner. Jeff, being curious, wrapped his tentacle around and shook it.

"Pleasure doing business, Jeff." (Y/n) smiled, their eyes glistening with gratitude.

Clearly, Jeff wasn't one for frequently speaking, and he just smiled and nodded his head in response.

For a second, (Y/n) just stared into Jeff's eyes, seeing nothing but innocence. Entity or not, he was an innocent being who only wished to be as good as he could possibly be. It was a wonder how such an untainted soul could land in a place of predators.

"If you go off to college, what will you study?" (Y/n) questioned, leaning on the crates that held Jeff's products.

"Business." Jeff plainly stated, a look of pure contentment in his eyes.

Returning the same compassionate smile, (Y/n) complimented Jeff,"You're already quite the businessman, Jeff. I know you'll do well."

Placing his tentacles on, presumably, his cheeks, Jeff's eyes lit up even more; he was in a wordless state of breathtakingly strong pride.

"Woah, düd, I've never seen Jeff look so pleased with himself. You're a pretty good friend to him now, I take it." El Goblino stated, a bit flabbergasted by how cheery Jeff was,"He'll never forget this."

Turning their attention back to Jeff, they held out their arms in a welcoming embrace,"C'mon, how about-"

Without caution, Jeff wrapped his tentacles around (Y/n)'s midsection and pulled them towards the dark void, where his eyes were. They could feel some physical body, though unable to tell what. Regardless, (Y/n) kept their arms around him.

Jeff's tentacles rubbed their back, a smooth and caring gesture of their friendship.

In the moment, (Y/n) couldn't be any prouder.

______________________

Cutting through the library, (Y/n) pushed past Figure with little trouble, as the entity was afraid of them, and they opened the door. Going into room 52, they found El Goblino and Bob sat at the table, casually.

As he was prior, Jeff was behind his little stall, reading a book about business. The book was apparently useful for his business studies class, and he was deeply engaged in the book.

Broadly beaming, (Y/n) couldn't help but feel prideful knowing this was their work.

"Hey, Jeff, how's it going?" They asked him, leaning on the crates.

"Oh, it's going good." Jeff responded, his speech clearly more fluent than before.

The sign hadn't been changed, and (Y/n) could see why but asked anyway.

"It's a reminder for me. I'm very grateful to you, (Y/n)." Jeff said, his eyes dancing with glee,"And, I got you this for helping me."

He handed over a box of chocolates, not too cheap, with a note attached to it.

'Dear (Y/n),

I can't describe how grateful I am for your act of kindness and humanity towards me. Your donation to me, regardless of me being inhuman, was a selfless act and I'll forever cherish the day we met.

Lots of platonic love and gratitude,

Jeff'

The handwriting was more elegant than the store's, a nice cursive that was legible.

Uncontrollably smiling, (Y/n)'s eyes watered,"Oh, come here..."

Feeling the grateful embrace of the entity made (Y/n) almost cry in joy.

"You're welcome."