𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟬: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗳 𝗔𝘄𝗮'𝗮𝘁𝗹𝘂

Lo'ak who had already arrived at the spot he was meeting Aila, was waiting patiently, looking down at how the water reflects the light from the eclipse.

Aila came out of her family's marui pod and started walking down to where Lo'ak was. She came up behind him and wrapped her arm around his waist. Lo'ak flinched at the sudden movement but followed her movement and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"How was your training?"
"It was tiring and stressful, I don't know if I'm Tsahik material.." Aila gulped at that sentence.
"What do you mean, of course you are. You're going to be a great Tsahik. You care about your people and will drop anything at any given moment for them. How do you not see how truely  amazing you are." Lo'ak looking lovingly into Aila's eyes who was now blushing from his kind words.

"Why don't we go out to that spot if yours, huh?" Aila grabbed Lo'ak's wrist as she called for the Ilus. They rode out laughing and occasionally splashing each other. The ocean started to glow in its bioluminescent nature. Lo'ak was mesmerized at the beauty of the coral and the animals bioluminescence.

"LO'AK" Aila screamed as she pointed to birds coming straight at his forehead. He immediately ducked and as his heart pounded from the sudden rush of adrenaline. Aila laughed at Lo'ak with her hand on her stomach. Lo'ak caught his breath and then went and started to splash her with his ilu's fins. She retaliated and splashed him back but harder.

As they continued to splash one particular splash that Aila gave Lo'ak somehow made him fall off his ilu. Aila laughed as Lo'ak came out of the water splashing her as he shook his braids. Aila continued to hysterically laugh until she felt a hand on her wrist and gasped as she got pulled into the water. As she came up and out of the water she took an exasperated breath. As she wiped her eyes she notice Lo'ak laughing.

The next thing Lo'ak knew he had Aila's full body on top of his as she pushed him under. As he opened his eyes under the water he took in the sight of Aila slightly floating on top of him, smiling down at him. He noticed how the bioluminescent glow of the coral reflected off her skin, especially her face.

Lo'ak removed a piece of Aila's hair away from her face and caressed her cheek before planting a kiss on her lips. They stayed like that for a second before Aila pushed his chest. As Lo'ak raised a hand to his chest playfully as he was offended by her action. They both smiled at each other and started to swim to the surface.

"Let's go." Aila said with a wave of her hand. Lo'ak followed her as got on his Ilu. They started to ride and almost immediately got to their destination.

"We're here!" Aila said excitedly.
"It's amazing"
Lo'ak came up behind Aila and grabbed her waist and pulling it closer to his. She placed her hands on top of his as he laid his head on her shoulder taking in her scent, planting kisses along her shoulder. Aila smiled and tilted her head back leaning into Lo'ak.

"Come, there's a place her that has the best views!"
Lo'ak followed the girl as she walked off.

Aila stopped and reached out for Lo'ak's hand which he willingly grabbed, intertwining their fingers.

"Want to star gaze?" Aila asked Lo'ak.
Lo'ak hummed in response as he laid down with Aila following his motions.

Lo'ak laid on his back as Aila snuggled into the boys shoulder. As Lo'ak took in the night sky and it's beauty he couldn't help but think of the forest, his home. This view was just like the view from on top of the trees that he used to watch all the time, the place he felt the most safe, other than being with his brother.

Lo'ak squeezed Aila's arm and pulled her in closer.

"Do you miss it?" Aila asked.
"What?"
"Your home, the forest?" Aila said as she raised her head off of his shoulder.
"Yeah, but I think I'm starting to like it here, especially since your here." Lo'ak said smirking down at Aila.

Aila laid her hand back down on the boys chest as her hand laid on his stomach. Lo'ak was finally at peace. After so many years of not feeling like enough towards his father. He finally felt like he mattered to someone. He was content.

Lo'ak rubbed Aila's arm and planted a kiss on her forehead. He moved his free hand to on top of Aila's hand that was placed on his stomach. They stayed silent for awhile before Lo'ak spoke, "my dad was born from a star." He pointed up at a star, "that one." Aila looked at it, taking in Lo'ak's words as he spoke so highly of his father.

Aila propped her head up on her shoulder
"I see you, ma Lo'ak"
"I see you, ma Aila"
Lo'ak brought his hand up and caressed her check as their lips collided once again, this time with passion and love.

They broke away from one another and placed their foreheads together, Lo'ak still caressing Aila's cheek.

Aila put her head back on the forests boys chest, inhaling his scent. Lo'ak placed his hand back onto her shoulder and rested his other hand on her hand that was back on his stomach.

They both started to doze off in each other's embrace, content. Not worrying about anyone or anything just merely being in each other's presence. They had found their person, not in the way they had imagined it but still thanking eywa for each other.

Right before Lo'ak fell asleep, he planted one last kiss onto Aila's forehead and rubbed her arm. Admiring her and her beauty. He loved every part of her. He couldn't believe he found her.

1003 ωσяԃѕ

αυянσяѕ ησтє-
This is probably my favorite chapter so far, I just love them. Bahaijwbwehelw

Comments and Votes are deeply appreciated <33