𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

There was battle calls all throughout the place. A tulkun had been killed by the sky people and Jake had the marker in his hand, holding it up so everyone can see.

"We have to warn the tulkun, keeping them alive. That's all that matters." Jake said with sincerity in his voice.

"Tell the tulkun that if they are marked by one of these, their marked for death." Jake screamed so every Metkayian could here.

As Lo'ak heard these words he thought of Payakan. He went to the dock to call an ilu. He saddled up his ilu.

"There's no way your rolling out of here, baby bro" Neteyam said as he came into view.

"I have to warn Payakan about the pingers"

"No. You have to keeps your Skxawng a** here"

"He's outcast! There's nobody to warn him but me."

"Bro why do you always have to make things so hard." Neteyam stated as he put his hand on Lo'ak's head.

Lo'ak moved Neteyam's hand away, "no. You mean why can't I be the perfect son like you." Lo'ak paused as Neteyam shook his hand and sucked his lips as he backed away. "The perfect little solider. Well I'm not you! Ok!" His voice lowered, "I'm not you."

"He's my brother, I'm going!"

"Oh he's you brother." Neteyam paused as he saw Lo'ak walk away and started to follow him. "No. I'm your brother!" He said as he grasped Lo'ak's forearm and turned him around as he pointed to himself.

"Lo'ak!" Aila screamed as she came in with Aonung and Tsireya as Lo'ak jumped in the water.

"He's going to Payakan!" Neteyam said as he patted Aonung on the chest and called for an ilu.

They all jumped in the water and raced after Lo'ak. They saw Kiri and Tuk on the way and Neteyam said to follow them and that Lo'ak's going to Payakan.

As Lo'ak saw Payakan in the water, something was wrong.

"What is it. What's wrong?" He signed.

Payakan showed Lo'ak his fin. It had a marker in it.

"Stay calm, Stay calm. I got this." Lo'ak said as he got onto Payakan's fin. He started to pull on the marker as the others came closer.

Payakan made a noise as Lo'ak looked up and saw the demon ship coming for them. Lo'ak started to pull harder as Neteyam and the other came to him and Payakan.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam said as he got onto Payakan.

"The ships coming. It's right over there." Lo'ak said as he pointed to the demon ship.

Neteyam helped Aonung up onto Payakan as Lo'ak was struggling to pull the marker out of Payakan's fin.

"Bro come on!" Lo'ak said.

Aila and Tsireya got onto Payakan, helping Aonung and Neteyam pull out the marker.

"Hurry!" Tsireya said.

"Call it in! Call dad. Just go. Just do it." Neteyam said as he pulled Lo'ak onto the top of Payakan.

"Dad. I mean devil dog. Do you read me?" Lo'ak spoke into the mic.

"Did you see where they went?" Neytiri said to an unknown Metkayian.

"Outside the reef." The Metkayian said.

As Jake heard Lo'ak's voice through the mic he tapped Neytiri's shoulder.

"Do you copy?" Lo'ak said through the mic.