Chapter 5

Eden Pov

When I awoke, I stretched and heard my bones crack in a normal way. Looked around only to see a set of five wolves in front of me. Noticeably Lucien, Connor, Alex, Xavier and among them there was another wolf who was the woman from yesterday.

I got up from my spot and decided it was time to keep on walking. By the time they wake up I will be a fair distance away. Lucien made me feel petty and I have never felt like this in my whole life.

I started walking, taking in the fresh air. I will only be walking today. No running. I do not want to run anymore. Another thing was that I was walking without a destination in mind. This kept going on while I quietly observed nature.

I was walking for about two hours. I was careful to smell out any pack lands before I stepped into them, so I do not cause any unwanted attention. I walked 18 km (about 11.18 mi) then, so I decided to take a little nap. I found a spot and made sure it was not in a territory. I dug a little bit once again to make myself comfortable.

I relaxed my body so that it was easier to fall asleep and I drifted into a dreamless sleep like the previous day.

I awoke to the scent of another wolf. A very new wolf and it honestly made me gag a little bit. It was not any of the scents that are a part of the Blue Nightshade pack but a whole new scent.

Honestly, I do not have the energy to run again. Let alone get up I just wanted to stay there in my little dug-out hole. This is what I call relaxation. A foreign concept to some people. The only reason I could do this was because the other wolf did not seem to be in any rush to get closer to me and he did not seem angry, which would make sense because I am not in anyone's territory. The annoying part was that every two or so seconds I could hear a branch snap and it was giving me anxiety.

When I opened my eyes a very red wolf was now in front of me. He looked like me besides the eye color and the size. He could easily be compared to a small SUV. He was towering over me by at the very least, five feet. In technical terms, I am usually this insignificant compared to others, but he looked bigger than Lucien.

I looked up at him and he looked right back at me. We stared at each other for a long time and then he just walked a little distance away. He looked back towards me as if he wanted me to follow, which I did not do. I learned a long time ago about strange danger and he was most definitely a stranger to me.

He looked partially ... conflicted? Who cares how he felt though because he was an alpha and I do not like alphas. I was still unsure what he was because he did not look like a normal wolf at all. He was not bothering me in any way, so I decided to go back to sleep. When I laid my head back down the other wolf huffed and started walking back towards me. Once he arrived in front of me, we went back to our staring contest from earlier. For a moment he had a blank look which meant he was using a pack link. A pack wolf.

What does a pack wolf want with me? I was not in any other pack territory. He cannot kick me out, can he? I do not think that he can do that. If he were trying to kick me out that would not take long, and I would easily be convinced because I do not stand a chance. What happened yesterday really proved that.

I started to zone out thinking about all the possibilities and did not even realize that this giant wolf creature thing was now snigging me. I really need to stop zoning out. One of these days I might really get killed and I do not really have any plans to die right now.

He continued sniffing me and put one of his paws on my back, to which I responded with a growl. That is right I can be a menace to society. I did not learn my lesson yesterday. Instead of reacting he ignored me and decided to lay half of his onto mine.

Excellent job Eden. Here you are suffocating due to a mysterious wolf that is laying on top of your Eden. How do I get myself into these situations?

Did he find me comfortable? I did not feel comfortable, nor did I think that I would be comfortable. I felt like I was getting crushed by a building.

Instead of letting this go on I decided to move away from him the best I could. I squirmed and tried as much as I could. Suddenly I heard howling. Angry howling. It also seems to come from where I just left from. The most noticeable one I heard seemed to come from Lucien. It was much louder and clearer than it should have been. Much closer than I thought it would be.

I finally got myself out from underneath this red wolf and started to walk again. I headed in the opposite direction I came from and not in the direction where I heard the howling.

This is annoying me because it was so loud, and my ears have had enough. This is annoying me because it was so loud, and my ears have had enough. I have had enough of it.

I already had a big enough migraine as it is, and this red wolf was whining like a little puppy when he clearly was not one. This is what you call attachment issues. Instead of feeling sorry like I usually would I decided to keep on walking away from him. I did not have any plans to stop. I did not have the patience for this nor did it seem like I had the time.