Chapter 7

Eden pov

I had such little time until I realized that Lucien had already caught up with me. He seemed to be very angry. Two other wolves were also standing there but with a different scent and of course Alex was there which means that Xavier was watching the pack in Lucien's place.Then again we were close to a pack border and he was an alpha of a pack.

He was glaring at the other red wolf that was beside me. Acting very possessive like kind of menacingly which had me cowering down because of the pressure. He must have noticed because he stopped releasing most of his pheromones. This had me thinking maybe he actually did regret rejecting me. If that was true what am I supposed to do it was extremely painful when he rejected me. I don't know if I have the mindset to accept what happened and move on knowing full well he may have just said it but didn't actually mean it.

The other side of me wanted to forgive him. He was still my first ever mate and the only one that really tried to care about me. "We should just give him another chance" Arcadia said. Listening to my wolf I was about to walk over but he growled. Which had me stay in the same spot. I noticed that it was probably because of the mysterious huge red wolf that was working him out.

He had a blank look which meant someone was taking in his mind link. It had an effect on him because he started to whine and honestly it was kind of cute. At the same time he looked hurt.

I walked towards him very timidly at that. His eyes were on me at all times. It was giving me anxiety and when I reached him I laid down while baring my neck towards him. Straight away he started to scent me down like he did when we first met in that clearing before this mess ever happened. I could feel the stares of Alex and the red wolf most directed towards him and not me.

Arcadia started to purr in happiness obviously loving the attention and to tell the truth it did feel good. I started to purr out loud and Lucien started to pour his pheromones onto me marking me as his. Not the actual mark that mates give just a scent mark. Wolves mark each other when they go heat.

He was happy which made me have a tingling sensation.

It was as if we were big cats and it was starting to get out of control. It started to get rough in which the others were trying to pull Lucien off of me. He did not seem to want to cooperate with either of them. At one point Alex tried to tackle him away from me and it didn't help. Due to the pressure of two overbearing alphas and a beta I passed out. The last thing I saw was a worried Lucien maybe I should let go of what happened.

Light. Very bright light at that. My head felt as if it were splitting in half a migraine. I adjusted myself slowly so that I could sit up it was a slow process. When I was fully up I started to open my eyes. I was back in the pack house. Back in Lucien's room. When I tried to pull my arm up towards me I noticed a needle in my arm it was an IV drip. It was giving sharp pain so I decided to pull it out. Just when I was about to someone entered. It wasn't any of the people I met so far and he had a weird scent to him not like a wolf at all. He smelt of wolfs bane and blood. He had this wicked smile on his face. He started to inch towards me and was taking something out of his pocket. I was to scared to move.

Right before he reached me someone slammed the door open. The smell of chocolates and roses that has now become so familiar hit me. It was Lucien he looked distraught. The person also stopped in his tracks this time he was the one who looked scared. Lucien grabbed him and pulled him away from the bed that I was on and suddenly it was as if Alex and Xavier teleported next to him grabbing the guy from his hands dragging him out of the room.

The sharp pain came back and this time I pulled it without much thought to it. Now that I look at it there was a bruise. I was about to get out of my bed but Lucien held me in place. He passed me some water and a notepad and pen. I took a sip of water and Lucien just watched me. He had a look of worry and the distraught was still visible but he looked more relaxed. He rubbed my face before putting his face into my shoulder.

I started to write the question "what was that about?" Onto the notepad. I tapped on Lucien's shoulder and he looked at it and replied with "nothing that concerns your pretty little head" he was obviously lying but I didn't question any further. He put his face back into my shoulder and I relaxed leaning onto the wall and we just sat there just enjoying it.

"So we aren't going to reject him anymore?" Arcadia asked happily and I just replied with "isn't that obvious?"

Sleep started to overcome me and I drifted off into the nightmares that haven't presented themselves lately. I remembered my abusive father and all those alphas who didn't give a shit about my life. I was just a lowly omega. A breeding tool. It brought back the memories that I tried so hard to push away. The abuse. The nightmares showed my mother leaving me in the hands of that monster. The abuse didn't start until I was 14 years old. He took me out of school because I was named as worthless.

Then it was blank I didn't see anything more. It was black and calm. This usually means that I am about to wake up. I reminded myself that i wasn't at the hands of my father I was somewhere different where people cared.

My eyes opened to the sight of a chest. It was warm and I was undeniably content. "Hello my little angel" was what came out of Lucien's mouth. I looked up to see him smiling at me which had me smiling back.

(1108 words)