Chapter 8

POV unknown

When I was wandering like usual I came across a scent. It smelt very good but I knew that I shouldn't be rash because of it. So I decided not to invest myself in this new scent. It stayed there in its own corner. Not moving for a while. I couldn't smell any blood so the wolf wasn't injured.

When I saw him he looked as if he was cornered but no one was there just him and me. He was red just like me. He was small. Much smaller. He started to squirm so instead of getting close to him I stood a good distance. His eyes opened they were two different colours. I have never seen that before.

Purple and blue.

He stayed where he was and I couldn't tell if he was scared or just plainly not interested. I on the hand well I was very interested to say the very least. I carefully walked closer. Nearing him. He just watched looking, listening. I wasn't being very discreet as almost step I took a branch would snap.

Once I got in front of him he stared. Maybe analyzing me. He looked so similar to me that you would think he was my kid. Those who know me wouldn't think that though. I had a mate a long time ago... they disappeared one day. Probably dead.

We seemed to be having a staring contest so I broke it and turned around to see if he would follow me. No. He did not. I looked back trying tell him without using much gestures or anything really. I kind of just hoped he would get the message. He did not budge. No one has ever given me the cold shoulder before.

Maybe it was a conflict of interest? Maybe he was scared? No. He was not scared. He didn't radiate any emotion to make it obvious.

Then the unexpected happened. He rest his head back on the ground. Just who does he think he is. I can't do anything because he is literally on the outside on all borders. Not touching any land that was considered to be pack lands.

Before we went back to our staring contest my beta notified me that the alpha named Lucien is causing issues at the border of one of the packs that we were at war with. Hmm... what a coincidence. I find an omega and an alpha who usually doesn't like to involve himself with other packs is causing issues. This could be interesting.

I stared at him and he stared right back. Not in a defying way but more of questioning why. He seemed to zone out maybe thinking of what to do. I took this to my advantage and started sniffing him. When he came to I had put one of my paws on his back and he growled at me. It was a threatening growl but we both knew who was more dominant.

Finally finishing with smelling him I decided to sit on him. He was not comfortable to sit on at all. Not one bit. He tried to squirm out from under me but he didn't make much progress when a howl went off. It was from an alpha. A very angry one at that.

My beta mind-linked me again. This time to notify me that Lucien had decided to leave the pack and go around the "long way" around the pack. He was closer then what I had thought given the information that my beta has told me.

The omega on the other hand got out of my grasp. How? I was pretty sure he was struggling. Upset I started to whine. Well not me my wolf did. When he looked at me you could see the annoyance radiating off of him. I couldn't stop whining my wolf was trying to take control. This has never happened to me in the last 20 or so years.

He turned around and started walking in the opposite direction that the howl was heard. Interesting.

I followed him. He seemed to be limping. Something must've happened to him if he was limping that badly. For someone who was so badly injured he sure could walk quite the distance. A scent on the other hand was approaching. Much faster then this omega could walk.

20 minutes later and the alpha Lucien was very much here. I saw him glance at me and he growled. This sent visible shivers down the omegas whole body. It was indeed Lucien. Zephyr his wolf was almost the same size as me. Believe it or not but zephyr was the more chill one. Usually the wolf is worse then the human when it comes to jealousy but not for this duo. Lucy looked pretty mentally unstable.

I looked at Lucy to the omega trying to figure out what was between them. That was answered when Lucy kept on growling. Directed at me.

His eyes went blank for a second and that's when I noticed another wolf. Must be his beta.

He was staring at the poor little guy beside me. He was shaking like a leaf. Lucy must have noticed because he started to whine.

The omega did the unexpected thing and started to walk towards Lucien. Cautious and very submissive. Once he reached him he laid down. This was a form of submission. Just like that and the all terrifying alpha disappeared as he started to scent down his omega. Oh... they are mates. He looked like a little kid on Christmas Day. The little guy was also enjoying himself as he was putting very loudly. You could mistake him as a cat.

Minutes passed and you could visibly easer the exhaustion that wasn't noticed earlier. He passed out. They probably have issues they need to resolve. My beta was screaming at me in my mind so I decided to take my leave. Had to get back before he started talking about committing suicide again.