『13』

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

it's me at the top of the page today hello

TW for S/A (it doesn't go far but is heavily implied)

take care of yourselves and be safe I love you all

I hadn't been on my board in so long. It felt like a magic carpet as I zoom down streets and between buildings.

I make it to the skate park an hour before Q said to. I take advantage of the time and skate around the park. I figure it's what this place was made for, so why not?

I was skating around the bowl when I caught a glimpse of him. Overly excited, I stop at the top and push myself over the edge. 

The board speeds me over to Q. I grab his arm to stop and he catches me. My feet nearly leave the ground and my board tumbles to its side.

He looked just the same as the day of the arrest.

An excited squeal escapes my lips and I jump into his arms, unable to hold myself back from hugging him.

"I missed you so much!" I cry out.

Q tenderly wraps his arms around my lower back. "I thought you were fucked, for sure."

"I thought I was, too," I admit.

All of the emotions from the past two months disappear within seconds. They dissolve to the ground and sink into hell. Q's hold was so warm. So right. Everything I needed after the hell we went through.

I wasn't sure how long we hugged. It felt like forever. But, as we parted, it still didn't feel long enough.

"C'mon," he urges, holding his hand out.

A smile breaks over my face that I haven't felt since the arrest. I pick up my board and rest it under my arm, grabbing his hand with the other. It was so natural. Like going through the halls of that club.

"So, you're living with a pig?" he asks.

We start walking around the park. The skate park was a good size- there was a bigger park across a field that had picnic tables and kids' playgrounds. Laughter filled the air and my chest swells. This was perfect. So, so perfect.

"Yeah.. They busted my bitch aunt for abuse and arrested her. Walsh is letting me stay with him out of the goodness of his heart," I say with sarcasm.

Q's thumb rubs the back of my hand where we are interlocked. "I'm sorry. I.. I really shouldn't have brought you with me on that."

"No!" I jump. "It was great. It was.. right. Those narcs just fucked us over with the sting operation is all."

"Maybe," he huffs.