❀ 17

"Do you want me to go in first?"
"Please?"

Seojun entered the Japanese restaurant that was about to reach it's closing time. "Hello," a honey filled voice called out. The two looked up to see Mrs. Seungyoon standing at the cashier desk with a familiar wallet near her hand.

"I need my wallet back," Hwayoung strongly said.
"Does this mean you're coming back to work with me?" the elder asked sweetly.

"Fuck off dude. I've put up with your bullshit for how long? Years. You made me work here when I had just arrived in Korea, being here double the hours I was meant to. You manipulate me into thinking that you're doing the best for my family when I'm at my weakest. You used me when I thought I could trust you!" the younger cried out pathetically.

"It's not my fault you don't realize how poorly your grandmother is treating you. Look at how little you've been eating, and all I did was pack you food to feed your small family of two. She doesn't take time out of her day to even provide for her grandaughter, she doesn't deserve you. I am the one you need to stay with so you're treated properly Hwa," Mrs. Seungyoon slowly walked over to the two and rested her hand on the girls cheek.

Hwayoung shoved her arm away harshly, "Stay the hell away from me. My life is none of your business. You may have been like a mother to me, but now you're nothing but a piece of shit."

Seojun slowly came behind the ranting girl and touched her shoulder to let her know he was their for her.

"You fucking bitch!" Mrs. Seungyoon said as she harshly slapped the younger, not caring of the customers watching. "I am all you need and will do whatever I can to be with you!"

Hwayoung started sobbing in pain, mentally and physically. She was so shocked that she once thought so highly of a person who was torturing her now.

Seojun immediately grabbed her body to hide it from the outrageous elder. "Can you stop treating Hwayoung like your slave? She's the most fucking amazing person ever and your presence is not needed. Now, we will be leaving," and he went to grab the girls wallet and bag.

"Oh don't you leave yet," the owner yanked onto the girls wrist that turned red.

"Let go of me," Hwayoung sobbed as her legs tried to stop themselves from giving up and falling onto the ground. She had to keep her defence up.

Hearing all the commotion, Mrs. Seungyoons husband Chan, ran out of the staff backroom.
"What is happening dea- what are you doing?"

He looked at the image in his face in surprise. "Why are you grabbing onto Hwa? Let go of her," Chan walked up to them and ripped their hands apart, "Are you out of your mind?"

"I-I I need to go," Hwayoung ran out, not even waiting for her friend to leave with her. She crumbled up into a ball at a nearby park, wishing this could all end.

All she could hear was the yelling of the always perfect couple. But now she was starting to realize how absent he was from Mrs. Seungyoons life. Maybe she did need someone like Hwayoung herself to get over that loneliness.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a loudly panting Seojun who was holding onto a familiar bag. "Thanks."

He sat next to her on the dirty sand. "I'm sorry."
"You didn't do anything."
"I don't care. No one deserves this."
"I know."

And she lay her head onto the boys shoulder, deep in her heart wishing it was someone who was way too far from her reach.

All Hwayoung wanted was a hug that could make her feel loved.

But she didn't deserve that.

jo_young's story