008.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗃𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗎𝗌𝗒 𝗂𝗌 𝗇𝗂𝖼𝖾,
𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A WEEK HAS PASSED since chris abandoned her at the diner he took her to when she was drowning in anxiousness. a lot has changed in the past seven days, including the behavior of those that 'praise' chris ever since the two went public with their 'relationship.' for instance, girls she has never even spoken to had been a little too nice to her; offering to help her carry her textbooks or inviting her to these parties on the weekends. bianca can't help but internally roll her eyes at this sudden act of kindness, knowing they are just doing this because she's romantically linked to chris.

don't even get bianca started on chris. ever since that day at the diner, she had barely uttered a word to him unless it was necessary, like on days where she tutors him. he was just as quiet as her, not even blinking in her direction. though in public, they forced themselves to conversation and pretend to be the lovely couple they were meant to be. that was difficult for bianca because every time he spoke to her, all she was envisioning in her head is her shaving his precious hair and letting meaty scratch his face with his sharp claws.

for the past seven days, bianca has wondered what she could've done differently to not be put in this situation where she cannot even a normal day at school. everywhere she goes, eyes follow her and whispers seem to never end. at time, she hid in the washroom during lunch when she did not feel like pretending to be chris' girlfriend so she can feel that sense of normalcy, even just for a moment.

it's worse that she cannot even tell a single soul her relationship is based on a lie to protect the boy she happens to now loathe. the fact that she cannot reveal this secret to her cousin, who knows almost everything about her, is slowly killing her because kendall is the first person she goes to whenever it comes to her problems. though she wants to tell someone, she knows she can't because one way or another, the secret could spread and make the situation even worse.

the last time she has spoken to him that consisted of more than 'okay' or 'i guess,' is at the parking lot where she practically yelled at him for leaving her at marietta's diner. thankfully, the lot was empty from many seniors racing to get home and also because chris parked his stupid car in the farthest stall, away from everyone else's vehicles. as per usual, chris barely had anything to say except to roll his eyes and let out an exasperated sigh.

"you don't just leave a person because they were a minute late, using the restroom, chris!" she yells, following behind chris, whose back is turned to her, attempting to drown out her voice.

"are you done?" he responds back in a monotone voice, still not turning around to face her.

"no! d'yknow i had to fucking use google maps to walk here but your friend sent from above drove me here! i don't know how the fuck river is friends with a dick like you! god, is this how you treat every girl you've ever been with?"

"i'm not doing this with you, bianca."

"you wouldn't have to if you just waited like a normal human fucking being."

"are you done?" he snaps, bitterness laced in his voice.

"get yourself together. just because you're fucking heartbroken over a girl, that doesn't give you the right to project your pain onto me and make my life fucking miserable. fuck you." with that, bianca turns around to the direction she goes through, walking herself home whilst chris just drives past her with a clouded mind.