011.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗅𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗂'𝗆 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗆𝗎𝖼𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝖺 𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗄
𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇, 𝗁𝗎𝗁? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"WHY ARE WE at school?" bianca asks, glancing at the front of somerville high; a few lights are on but are poorly lit, the parking lot is empty and there is no one but them present at this moment. her and chris sat in silence on the way to somerville high, not once did they utter a word to talk about the events that unfolded prior to them leaving. music was not even playing during the drive, making the car ride much more awkward and hard to sit through. bianca wanted to suffer being in the same room as amyra's mother than sit in silence with chris beside her.

chris doesn't respond, instead he turns the car off and exits the vehicle, slamming the door behind him. of course, he doesn't wait for bianca as he starts walking towards the front door of the school but he doesn't enter. bianca follows shortly after, grumbling under her breath about how much of a dick he is for never waiting for her.

once chris notices that she's close, he then turns to the left and walks down the concrete with his hands in his grey tech fleece hoodie, still walking ahead. bianca silently follows, not having the energy to bicker with him because his response would only be him saying her name in a stern voice or not respond at all.

he directs them to a ladder in the back of the school, leading up to somewhere. chris doesn't hesitate to start climbing it, not waiting for bianca. as for the girl, she stays on the ground whilst she looks up at chris, questioning his actions.

"are you coming or not?"

"y-yeah," bianca gives in. she begins to climb up slowly, slightly trembling with every step because one wrong step could end up in a bad fall. once she's reached the top, she sees chris sitting on the ledge of the rooftop they were at a few days ago. his back is facing her, his hands most likely in his jacket pockets, his feed dangling off the edge, his head stares ahead at the night cityscape.

bianca takes a seat next to him, not uttering a word.

they sit there in silence.

they listen to the frequent honks of cars, they watch the front porch lights of houses turn on, they listen to kids greeting their parents at the door, they listen to dogs barking ever so often, they just listen.

"i never planned on coming over today," bianca suddenly speaks up, chris slowly turning his head to face her but her eyes remain straight ahead, gazing at the night sky and scanning over the stars that glisten before her eyes.

"i was gonna stay home, watch gone girl, make cookies for myself, and sleep but i changed my mind," she continues. "i wanted to attend because you said this was important or whatever. . . and i didn't want to be rude, i'm your 'girlfriend' and not showing up just makes me seem like a cunt. it was going good, y'know? i really like your family, they're welcoming and i enjoyed talking to your parents about basically anything. i liked talking to jimmy about law and order, we're both on season six. i liked talking to marylou about my art, she seemed really interested in what i do."

though chris isn't saying anything, bianca knows he's listening to her intently. his eyes are on her from what she could see in her peripheral vision and not once has he broken the gaze.