025.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒-𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗂 𝖿𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗅𝖽 𝗎𝗌𝖾
𝖺 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A HAND WRAPS AROUND Bianca's before she could even step foot inside Mrs. Reynolds' art class, the one class she has been waiting for as painting could ease her mind quickly. She glances up to see Chris dragging her to the nearest exit from the school. Usually, she would put up a fight with the boy and refuse but knowing how their banter generally unfolds; he always wins. The whispers in the hallways have subsided, though the judging stares and point of fingers have not. What is worse is that Chris feels more distant than ever before which is strange to her because he is the one that seems to follow her around like a stray puppy. Yes, Chris has always been aloof and reserved but that does not stop him from being around her. Wherever she went, he was there, even if he is a few steps behind. Bianca is dwelling on how badly things will change, more so with Chris. Even though no words are said, she knows they have made progress when it comes to their connection. They've kissed. Embraced. Slept in the same bed. Slowly but surely, they have grown to be more comfortable.

As Bianca was about to open the car door for herself, Chris beats her to it and opens it for her. Small gestures like this is still not something she is used to from him. She flashes him a small smile along with a whisper of 'thank you' before entering the car. Bianca is unsure of what is bound to unfold today as Chris has always been unpredictable. Attempting to read his thoughts based on his expression is nowhere near helpful; there is barely any emotion noticeable behind his eyes.

Silence surrounds the car whilst Chris drives in silence, not daring to utter a word as much as she. With the bruit diffusing around the school corridors, tension has risen between Bianca and Chris. Howbeit, there should not even be discomfiture between them; they are not together to begin with.

"Where are we going?" The brunette finally speaks, her mellifluous voice filling Chris' ears.

"Just trust me."

Bianca purses her lips, her hands resting on her lap whilst she quietly plays with her fingers. The silence is unbearable. Usually, she does not mind it when it is the kind that they are able to sit through as long as they are near-if not next to-each other. Howbeit, this kind is much harder to endure, as if there is a brewing thunderstorm over them just waiting for the perfect opportunity to burst.

Bianca fidgets nervously in the passenger seat as Chris drives them down the winding road. She has no idea where they are going, but she trusts him enough to know that it will be worth it. As they turn onto a dirt path, Bianca's heart begins to race. She likes to know where people take her thus she knows what to expect, and the thought of not knowing where they are going is almost too much to bear. But then they arrive at a clearing, and Bianca's breath catches in her throat. They step out of the car; both of them walking over to stand in front of it, their arms brushing faintly whilst they quietly gaze at the landscape before them. The scenery is wondrous - the lake is a mirror, reflecting the world around it with perfect clarity. The water is so still that it seems almost frozen, and the only movement comes from the occasional ripple caused by a fish breaking the surface. The trees surrounding the lake are tall and lush, their leaves a riot of red and orange that seem to glow even under the lack of sunlight. In the distance, the mountains rise up, their peaks shrouded in mist. And there, in the center of it all, is the bridge. It is a simple wooden structure, with no railings to speak of. It spans the width of the lake, connecting the two banks like an outstretched arm. From a distance, it looks like a thin line, almost too fragile to hold the weight of a person. But up close, it is solid and sturdy, a testament to the craftsmanship of its builders. Standing on the bridge, you can feel the cool breeze blowing in from the lake, carrying with it the scent of pine and fresh water. It is a place of peace and tranquility, a refuge from the chaos of the world beyond. And as she looks over at Chris, she realizes that this is his spot. The place where he comes to think and clear his head. And somehow, he has brought her here. Bianca feels a lump form in her throat as she realizes how much she has come to trust him.