012.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

₊❏❜ ⋮ ᶠᵒᵒˡ'ˢ ᵍᵒˡᵈ ⌒
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾
ʳᵉᵃˡ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

❝ 𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖾. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

TENSION LINGERS between bianca and chris ever since she sobbed to him at the rooftop after the eventful gathering. acting like a couple was becoming natural to them until today when the boy couldn't even hold her hand for more than two minutes or the girl who couldn't stay put in his hold as she itches to create some sort of distance between them. it didn't feel this way weeks prior to today, and it has been bothering the girl to know why they are both acting strange towards one another. though chris is usually reserved and doesn't show an ounce of emotion to her or anyone else really, today just feels different.

"how are you and your boyfriend over there?" serenity nods her head at the boy a few tables over in the cafeteria, eyes hung low with his arms crossed over his chest as a conversation breaks out around him.

it has been a while since bianca has hung out with serenity. with her always with chris, she never got the chance to really spend time with other people at school like serenity and kendall, who she sees at home but kendall is always out, partying and doing god knows what. having serenity around is like a breath of fresh air. because chris barely acknowledged her in english class and left without her as soon as the bell rang, bianca used that opportunity to spend lunch with serenity. usually her cousin would be there too but she went out somewhere, getting lunch for herself or probably skipping school to be with someone.

"w-we're good," bianca lies, clearing her throat.

serenity squints her eyes, analyzing her unusual behavior; picking at her skin, eyes wandering everywhere, cheeks reddening as each second passes, and constant blinking. bianca notices serenity psychoanalyzing her, shifting under her intimidating gaze. "i'm serious! we're good," bianca argues, the octave of her voice getting higher.

i really am a bad liar.

instead of saying anything else, serenity just cracks open a cold can of mountain dew, taking a few gulps like she is extremely parched. whilst she simply drinks out of the can, bianca just randomly asks, "how are you and kendall?"

serenity begins to cough excessively, choking on her drink as she sets the can down on the table and catching eyes of many from her sudden reaction. bianca's eyes widen in surprise, worried that she might've caught her friend a little too off guard. "i'm sorry! are you okay?" serenity reaches for a napkin on top of her lunch tray, wiping under her nose briefly before crumpling the paper into a ball as she sniffles. her cheeks have reddened, her smile is holding back from forming, her eyes have lit up.

"i think dew just came out of my nose," serenity mumbles, wiping under her nose once more. "but, um, yeah, we're okay. why? did kendall say something? i swear-"

"oh, nothing!" bianca tries to hide a sly grin, "i was just wondering."

"so!" serenity diverts the topic, clasping her hands together. "where the fuck have you been in the last two weeks?"

bianca sighs, "i know, i know. i keep bailing on you every time you asked to hang out but i'm just-" she looks over at chris' table with a frown on her face. in her head, she is blaming him for everything - the fact that she is drifting herself away from her only friend at somerville high to pretend to be his stupid girlfriend, the fact that she is lying to many people about this 'relationship,' the fact that she cannot even tell a soul even if it was her dying wish. though, she can't help but blame herself for putting her in this position where she can't even back out from the plan. she's too far to even step out, and that sucks.