Chapter VI "Outreach day and Near Lashout"

(Y/n) POV:

I woke up feeling a lot more energetic than usual until I remember what was today and I immediately wanted to go back to sleep until Eugene woke up and told me to, so I really had zero choice but to get up, get changed, and walk out towards the quad where lots of kids were gathered and Ms. Weems was making a speech about our volunteer job. 'not really sure how forcing a kid to volunteer is still considered volunteering but then again I shouldn't really care,' I thought to myself while slowly dozing off but I was eventually snapped out by a teacher handing me a pamphlet and I opened it to see the words "Pilgrim World," 'Just when my day couldn't get any worse'.

I was contemplating just skipping out and taking the punishment of not participating until I felt someone tap my shoulder, I turn around to see Wednesday standing their with her signature cold stare "What you need?" "What place did you get?" she asked, ignoring my question "Pilgrim world, Why?" "Good I'll need you there," I just looked at her confused but in reality I was smiling wider than ever on the inside.  "Why do you need me there?" "Because your the only person I can trust to help me with what I need to discover," she said still maintaining her cold tone, I just agreed an waited for the busses to arrive to drive to Jericho.

When we got there I didn't really do much other than look around and talk to Eugene about what job we got and I realized that we both got the same job 'well at least I won't have to suffer alone,' I thought as I continued doing my own thing until we all had to take our seats for a announcement with the mayor being "Happy" to have us and to come back at one O'clock for lunch.

I arrived at Pilgrim world to see Eugene taking a picture for Bianca and another person, as I just walk up to him "Sup, Eugene," Eugene turned around, still having his signature smile as he looked at me "Hey (Y/n), want to grab a Hummers group photo?" he asked as his response "I don't think Wednesday would ever do that," "Then you thought correct," I heard Wednesday say suddenly.  "Glad your finally here," I said as Wednesday just looked away rolling her eyes then a women wearing a Pilgrim outfit walked up to us and started speaking "Good morrow, my young Nevermore kin," was as far as I heard before I stopped listening and just walked with the crowd.  I wasn't paying attention at all until I felt Wednesday grab my arm and said "Sounds fascinating, me and (Y/n) volunteer to work in there," but just before she could drag me off the women spoke up "Pray, no, that exhibit is being renovated," me and Wednesday heard her say.  Although I tried to continue listening for any important information, Wednesday was still grabbing my arm which was making my heart beat ten times faster than it should have "When you gonna tell her?" "She wouldn't even care," I said, quietly responding to the Wendigo's question.

Eventually after some more time walking we got to a building called "Ye olde fudgery," in which Eugene looked exited to work at but Wednesday didn't give off the same excitement "More like ye olde diabetes in a box," I just chuckled at her comment and listened to the women explain what we would be doing.  After she had explained she handed us costumes to put on as I just looked at them with disgust "Isn't there anything better to put on?" the women just ignored my question and gave us all boxes filled with fudge samples as she sent us to get started.

I was just walking and talking with Eugene going around the place looking at random things while Eugene ate some of the fudge "I don't think it's safe to eat that much fudge," I said to Eugene while chuckling a little and after a while we got tired of walking and decided to sit down while Eugene continued to eat "I really think you should stop," I said in a little of a worried tone.  After a while of convincing Eugene stopped eating and put his retainer back on but then two guys grabbed me while another grabbed Eugene "Check out this greedy little freak," I then immediately recognized their voice and sighed "Well if it isn't the walking Halloween decorations," I said as they all just glared at me.