Elia

I heard someone knocking, I closed the door of my room immediately trying to make her give up and leave. It seems like she already knew what trick I'm trying to play 'Jolie, it's a childish behaviour to not let someone in. You know you can't escape.' The voice was loud enough just for me to hear, it was like someone directly whispering in my ears. I stood up, the continuous knocking gave me shivers. The door knob is ice-cold, the floor is making creaking noises, I walked toward the door and unlocked it. immediately I am hugged by a person, with a familiar touch. She looked me in the eyes and said 'You would never imagine how worried I was, why are you hiding? Tell me everything about what happened I'm always here with you.' Her comforting voice made me feel better, letting me know at least someone will care for me. 

I told her all my problems, she didn't seem to be surprised or shocked, she just stayed there for the rest of the day to listen. 

'Jo, calm down you ain't being serious right now. You are you, stop being so suspicious about everything.' 

'I can't control my feelings, my mum won't listen or try to understand.' I uttered.

 She gave me a dirty look and spoke 'You never talked bad about your mum, what's up with the sudden change.'

 'I told you I'm confused with this situation' 

'I understand, but I never thought of the drastic change tho.' 

 'Well, I'm trying to adapt.'I said with a slightly annoyed voice.

 'Ok I understand, chill.'She laid her hands out, and nodded her head. 

She stood up, grabbed her tote bag and headed directly towards the kitchen, she waved in finger and announced 

'Chef Elia gonna cook your food. Muffins coming right up!'

 I saw her taking out a pinkish paper bag with my favourite bakery's name on top. The smell of blueberry muffins filled the room, the sound of the paper muffin lining made me even more thrilled, haven't been eaten anything with flavour in days. She took the re-heated tray of muffins out of the kitchen doing a little dance and placed it on the table,

 'Never knew your going to surprise me with this. Thanks.' 

'I can't wait to try em.'

She laughed and stuffed two big muffins in her mouth. I took a muffin of the table and took a bite, it wasn't the flavour I imagined, instead it was flavourless. While me sitting there being confused, Elia was laughing nonstop with crumbs flying out her mouth, I can't help but laugh along, it was chaotic and messy. Even though I had a amazing time, I'm still dissatisfied and disappointed with the muffins, it my childhood favourites. Elia left after being rejected staying here over night, I sprinted to my room and open the computer browser. 'Does brain damage affect taste?' I typed in the search bar. It seems it's common of server brain injuries or stroke, well guess I can't  be excited for food for  the REST OF MY LIFE. 

'Damn, that's harsh. At least u can lose weight I guess.' Elia tried to comfort me on the phone. 

'I thought my life was already a mess, ugh.' I rolled my eyes and ended the call after saying good night. It was a tough day, Thank god I'm not sleeping in the hospital for the night.