Reality Check

*(Y/N) POV*

'My name is... (Y/N)... (Y/N) (L/N)-Calavera'

A flashback of (Y/N) engaging in the fight with Tick shows up, as the two lock their blades on one of the platforms

'I'm a Huntsman...'

Another flashback of their fight shows up, and as the battle comes to its climax, Ruby gets thrown into the void. (Y/N) sees it all, and lashes out his anger at his current opponent

'I'm current Fall's Maiden Guardian...'

Yet another memory shows up, this time with Tick on death's bed, panting. Blood is shooting from her chest. (Y/N) puts a hand on her head and slowly burns her body away. After he's done he had to fight against what he was supposed to protect, the current Fall Maiden, Cinder Fall.

'I'm... nothing but a boneless coward...'

(Y/N) uses his eyes to blind Cinder. When she regains her vision, she sees (Y/N), standing on the platform. He smirks, before somersaulting into the void.

'Why?' I ask myself 'What was I thinking? I could at least hold Cinder for a little longer, give some people more time to evacuate, but no, I just had a genius idea to jump into the void to a certain death' Then, I hear a new voice, it was a man judging by the tone of it, and it was kinda familiar.

???: "Oh come on, matchstick, you're better than to dwell on yourself" Then, a light shows up, and I think I saw a ghost... of my long deceased father, Albert (L/N)

(Y/N): "Wait a second... Dad?!" my old man nods and looks at me "W-What the heck? Am I dead?" I ask, but dad chuckles and shakes his head.

Albert: "No, (Y/N), you're still very alive"

(Y/N): "But... How can I see you, or even talk to you?"

Albert: "This is because of your Semblance, (Y/N). You, I, and each one of our predecessors who were Fall's Guardians have a connection to each other. Something like Oz's multiple lives" he chuckles "Trust me, squirt, when I saw your grandfather once, I was scared shitless" he laughs, and I awkwardly chuckle "Hey, what's wrong, little guy? Or I have to say, big guy" he smiles "(Y/N), what's bugging you, I can see it. And you better not lie to your father" I look down.

(Y/N): "I... I failed, instead of fighting to the end, I... I got my tail between my legs and just... gave up" I feel ashamed,

Albert: "I saw, (Y/N)"

'Great, now my father knows I'm a coward too'

Albert: "Let me tell you, I was watching you ever since Maria started training you" he chuckles "When you cut the support beam of her-"

(Y/N): "Don't mention it, I was a beginner with a scythe" I sigh

Albert: "I know, I know. Don't worry squirt" he ruffles my hair "As I said, I saw everything. Your training, Sanctum, you getting a spot in Beacon... you courting one of Tai's daughters" I begin blushing "Hey, at least you got the cuter one. Did she like the ring?".

(Y/N): "You're worse than mom, you know"

Albert: "I may be. (Y/N), remember the story I told you, that spirit of the dead had a choice to make" I nod "Well, I made my choice. I became your guardian. I saw your fights (Y/N), against Torchwick, against Salem's soldiers in Anima and Haven, heck, you and your team beat the Ace Ops" he starts laughing "That's an achievement to have, I trained them after all" I feel a little proud of myself "You're not a coward, (Y/N). You're just confused and lost right now. When you fought that girl, you overused Guardian's powers, which means your Aura drained like crazy. And when... our Maiden showed up you were certain to die. You had a choice, die fighting, or face whatever the void holds and come back stronger. And you choose right"