Remember Their Message (Vol 10 prequel)

*3rd POV, outskirts of Vacuo*

Winter, Elly, Willow, Whitley, Teams SSSN, CVFY, Qrow, and the Happy Huntresses stand before a memorial for Team RWBY, Team CRMS, and Jaune.

Winter: "I've finally accepted you aren't coming back..." Willow and Elly both stand behind her, tears escaping their eyes. "It should have been me" The shot turns to Nora, Ren, Oscar, Alice, and Emerald. Alice and Nora both cry. "Not you, not Penny... me. I was the one who stayed at Ironwood's side for far, far too long" Most of the crowd turns back towards Vacuo. "I was the one who let the staff fall into Salem's hands" The viewpoint at the gravestone listing those who fall.

'Ruby Rose

Weiss Schnee

Blake Belladonna

Yang Xiao Long

(Y/N) (L/N)

Ryze Matoi

Michael Mankanshoku

Samuel Kiryuin

Jaune Arc

May their memory live with us forever.'

Winter: "Because of me... Penny is gone. Forever. You were the one who believed in people. You had faith it could be good." In Vacuo, two citizens argue about food, while Qrow and Willow redistribute bread to others. "Whitley, Mother, they've worked hard to make amends. To fit in," Willow passes the bread to people. She notices a man taking a drink from his flask and sighs.

Qrow: "One step at the time" he pushes the cart further.

Winter: "But no amount of determination or hard work will change where we find ourselves now." Willow offers bread to two children when suddenly

Citizen: "Filthy Schnees! Not so high and mighty now, are you?! What's it like living at our level?" Some people try to restrain her while Willow gets up and looks in shame at the ground

Willow: "I-I'm sorry..." Elly and Qrow grab her shoulder

Qrow: "We're leaving, kay?"

Elly: "Try to appriciate someone is trying to help you" Qrow and Willow leave while Elly stays and glares at the woman. "I'll let you know, that SHE tries her hardest since all of this happened. Wait... I remember you, you were the one who was the loudest in the crater about living with Faunus." Elly just chuckled. "I will let you know something... her daughter.... my son, and their friends... sacrificed themself for your good being, so LEAST you can do is appriciate a mourning mother trying her best to help!" a tear escaped her eye.

Qrow: "Elly?" he gets back to her. "Come on, don't need to make a scene, we're leaving" He gets back to pushing the cart, while in the background, some citizens have enough.

Citizen: "How long are we supposed to live like this? Let's just leave!" Marrow and Fiona's uncle try to make them change their mind, but they leave no matter what

Winter: "What do you do when there is no hope left?" Fiona's uncle waves his hand and leaves while Winter and Marrow look at each other and later at leaving people. "*sigh* You would know what to do, sister. You were the true heir to the Schnee name. You, (Y/N), your friends, you did everything you could do to save the world. You would be so disappointed in us" The only ones left at the memorial are the Schnees and Elly. Elly walks to Winter and kneels down, leaving a single rose and one silver medallion with a skull.

Elly: "(Y/N)... Ruby... your friends... You knew, that it's what you have to do... you were always like your father, not listening to me..." she starts crying. "I told you to be careful."

Willow: "Elly... I'm so sorry..." She grabs Elly by her shoulders and helps her up

Elly: "Willow... let me stay here for a little longer, please. (Y/N)... he was" Willow silences her