9

The two days went by fast, and the conference was over. We were eating breakfast before we had to hit the road. We already bid our goodbyes to most of the alphas and lunas of the other packs. Cooper seemed brighter than usual. She must be feeling well today. I was sure I even heard her hum when she was getting dressed.

"Someone's in a good mood today," I casually commented.

"Yeah, I don't know why," Cooper replied.

"Well, it's nice. It's so good to see you so cheerful. " I smiled.

We ate our breakfast, had some juice, and talked for a bit. We were hanging out after so many years. We were finally hanging out together, just enjoying each other's company. We talked about education, about the packs and hobbies. We were getting to know each other again. I was very happy to have spent one on one time with Cooper.

We checked out and hit the road to go back to the packhouse. I had already taken updates from Harry and Stephanie about the pack business. Everything was running smoothly. An idea popped into my head, we would reach the packhouse in the evening, and we would not have any work. We could go somewhere and then go back to the packhouse since we got no work to do when we got back.

I drove for an hour before I found the turn, I made a right turn that led us into the small town. "Hey, we had to go straight for the packhouse," Cooper said, looking at the unfamiliar road.

"Well, we are taking a small detour," I smiled.

Cooper closed her eyes and rested her head. I drove further until we reached the small town, I drove further ahead and then took a left. The path was all too familiar to me now. I happened to chance upon this spot when I was heading to the conference one time years ago. I parked the car when we reached the spot.

Cooper opened her eyes, and she turned around to inspect her surroundings. "Where are we?"

"Let's get out." I opened my door and got out of the car.

Stretching my legs, I walked over to where Cooper stood. Cooper looked confused and still trying to make out where we were. I tapped her shoulder and gestured for her to follow me. I walked Cooper to the ticket counter, purchased our tickets, and entered the park.

"Welcome to a nature lover's paradise," I said with an extravagant show of arms as if I were performing a magic trick.

"We have a beautiful garden here which presents structures made out of flowers and trees, you will also find yourself in a maze made entirely of big bushy plants and at the end of the tour you will find the animal zone where you can pet and play with dogs, cats, pigs, goats, sheep, ducks, geese, rabbits and some other small animals" I beemed.

"Wow, that's amazing!" Cooper chirped excitedly.

We walked around the garden seeing various structures like Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, an elephant, a lion, and some more big and small structures made entirely of flowers. It was truly brautiful. After spending close to three hours in the park, we got out.

"Let's take a walk around the town and find somewhere to eat lunch," I proposed.

Cooper nodded her head, and we started walking. Passing by people who minded their own business, small shop owners who encouraged us to get inside and buy their goods. We gave pleasant smiles and moved forward. We passed by a florist, and the old lady who ran the shop waved us over with a huge smile. I found it hard to resist her charm when she was smiling like that.

"Do you mind if we go inside, I can't resist that smile," I smiled sheepishly at Cooper.

"I was going to suggest the same," she chuckled.