10

I stifled a yawn and continued to listen. I was attending a meeting online. I was way too sleepy today, I didn't get enough sleep last night because we got stuck in traffic at the freeway. I was functioning on 2 hours of sleep and a gallon of coffee.

A faint knock was heard on the door, I muted myself from the meeting and whisper-yelled  "enter."

Cooper's head peeked through the door, I nodded for her to enter. She closed the door behind her and walked inside the room. She took a seat opposite mine, placing a steaming hot cup of coffee on the table.

"You are a saviour," I said as I practically snatched the coffee from her hand.

"Well, Stephanie said that you had asked for one, so I offered to bring it to you." Cooper smiled cheekily.

"Are you free to talk, or am I disturbing you?" Cooper asked.

"This meeting is going in no direction. This asshole keeps repeating the same shit over and over again, " I sighed, rubbing my temples.

"I could help," Cooper says as she gets up from her seat. She rounds the tables to stand behind me. Her hands gently replace mine, and she starts to slowly massage my head.

I couldn't help but let out a low moan at the relief I felt. I could feel Cooper's movements stiffen a little, but she relaxed again soon.

"Ms. Bloomingdale, are you still with us?" I heard on the screen.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that, I accidently muted myself. You are absolutely right, Mr. Graham, but I need you both to reach a mutual decision and get back to me ASAP. Otherwise, I will have to reach out to other people. There are a lot of individuals who would be privileged to work with us. Unfortunately, this is all the time I have today. Some important work awaits me. Have a good day." I ended the call with a sigh of relief.

"Ms. Jones, how may I help you today?" I directed my attention towards Cooper, looking upwards to see her face.

"I was hoping you'd share some of your workload with me so that I can resume my alpha duties," Cooper said.

"Only if the doctor clears you," I replied.

Cooper groaned, "You and the doctor will drive me crazy."

"That's the plan," I chuckled when Cooper huffed.

"I am getting bored doing nothing," Cooper whined.

I removed Cooper's hand from my head. I turned around to face her. I walked towards the filing cabinets and pulled out the files I was looking for before showing it to Cooper.

"How about you help me with finding adoptive parents for the children of the rogues? After the war, a lot of them were left with no one, and many were displaced. We have been locating these orphans and bringing them to families who will take care of them and will not discriminate against them. A lot of these kids have found parents in our pack itself."

"Wow, that's amazing. You are doing so much for these kids, " Cooper replied.

"Our parents started working on this after the war, I am just carrying forward their work," I replied.

"Still, you managed to find more kids a home than our parents collectively did."

"What do you say, are you interested?"

"Of course, I am. This is great! Are the kids living with us currently?"

"Yes, as soon as any orphaned werewolf is found, we bring them to the packhouse. They are provided with all the basic amenities like food, shelter, clothing, and education. They live with the rest of the kids until someone adopts them. We also keep checking on the kids from time to time and conduct surprise visits to ensure that these children are being well taken care of, " I explained.

"You have been doing a wonderful job. I will gladly be a part of this. " Cooper smiled as she sat down to continue reading the contents of the file. I got back to my work.