13. Face-Off

Isha

I came back to the venue with Abhinav with his arm resting on my waist.  I am loving this new closeness between us. I always wanted this and today when he asked me to give us a second chance I was very happy.

Abhinav is speaking to some of his business associates and I excused myself to grab some water.

I was about to return when I saw a girl trying to touch Abir. I went there instead.

"Abir! What are you doing here? Let's go in." I said calling him.

He gave a thankful look and was about to follow me when the girl held his hand and stopped him.

"He will stay here with me! You can go anywhere you want." She said in a dominating tone.

Let me show you who's the boss here.

"When I say he goes with me he goes," I said in a dangerous voice jerking away her hand.

Before she can react we hear another woman's voice.

"Wow! Two girls are fighting for one worthless man!" She exclaimed.

"Firstly he is not worthless and secondly it's none of your business," I replied back. I would have respected her age if she wasn't being a bitch calling my brother-in-law and brother worthless.

"It's my business as a responsible citizen," she said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Then go and stop global warming instead of poking your nose in matters which don't concern you," I replied.

"You can't talk like that to ma'am. She is a celebrity!" The girl from earlier shouted.

"Celebrity? In which show? I don't even know her name. Even if she is a celebrity she doesn't have a right to get involved in this." I yelled back.

"So now a woman is protecting this worthless, workless idiot. He can't even speak for himself?" She asked turning to him.

"Shut up! Just shut up! Not a word more about him. Don't you dare insult him in my presence? He is not talking back because he respects women but I am not obliged to respect someone who disrespects my family. You better get that." I warned her.

"Oh my! I am scared! By the way, who is she, Sneha?" She asked the first girl.

"I think I heard someone calling her Isha Aunty." The clingy girl replied.

"Listen Isha you can't defend him when I am stating facts. He is living on his brother's money after all." She said again.

"Firstly it's Isha Abhinav Singh Rathore for you. Or you can call me Isha Singh Raizadha. Secondly, he earns. He is the product marketing manager of the Raizadha group of companies. And even if he's living on his brother's money we are happy with it because everyone in our family earns for our family. You better stay out of our family matters." I said in a dangerous tone.

"Don't you think you are being too proud for your age?" She asked raising a brow.

"Don't you think you are being rather irritating for your age?" I asked.

"How dare you?" She yelled.

"Trust me you don't want to see that. Now get lost if you don't want orange juice on your white saree." I warned her.

"You will regret talking like this to me." She warned.

"I am already regretting it. You already spoiled my mood." I said.

"You..." She was about to say something but I stopped her in the middle.

"Not a word more. Otherwise, I will make sure you will regret crossing paths with me. And you don't want to face my husband's or brother's wrath. So just leave." I warned her.

"You don't know who I am. Do you?" She asked surprised.

"I don't and I am not even interested," I said to her and dragged Abir with me not giving her a chance to speak.

I kept on walking until Abir stopped me.

"Bhabi maa stop! Where are you dragging me like that?" He asked.

"Ha bhabi maa where are you taking him?" Abhishek asked this time.

We both turned towards the voice to see the whole Raizadha family and Rathore family looking at me with shocked expressions.

"What?" I asked looking at all of them.

"Princess! Are you all right? I have never seen you this angry in a long time!" My dad was the first to speak.

"No, I am not! That stupid woman was talking shit about Abir and this duffer is listening to all that silently." I said pointing to Abir.

"Bhabi maa woh.." Abir started to speak.

"What Bhabi maa? What? Can't you speak up for yourself? How dare she speak like that about you? How dare she? If I see her again I will kill her." I yelled at him.

He didn't say a word. He just hugged me tight. I placed my hand on his back. When I felt his tears on my shoulder I broke the hug to look at him.

"I am sorry Abir! Don't cry! I will not shout at you. I was just angry that you didn't take a stand for yourself. I am sorry!" I  said to him in a soft tone.

"You are the best bhabi maa.! The best decision of bhai was to marry you." He said taking my hands in his.

I wiped the tears rolling down his cheeks and hugged him again.

"Aren't we invited for the hug?" Abhishek asked with a pout.

"No! She is my bhabi maa." Abir said amid his sobs like a small kid.

"No she is our bhabi maa!" Abhishek stated and joined the hug.

"Oh hello! She is my sister first!" Bhai joined us.

"Even I want a hug," Abhigya said and joined the group hug.

All the elders and my dear husband(no sarcasm this time) are looking at us with happiness evident in their eyes.

"Bhai are you really waiting for an invitation?" Abir asked looking at Abhinav and he soon joined the hug.

We stayed like that for a good few seconds and broke the hug.

"Who wants some ice cream?" I asked to divert everyone.

"Me!" Abir screamed and everyone joined soon.

We went to the ice cream counter. Everyone took their ice cream but my favorite ice cream is not available there.

I came and sat with everyone with a pout. Abhinav is sitting beside me.

"What happened princess?" My dad asked.

"They don't have my favorite ice cream papa. " I replied.

"Serves you right" Bhai commented.

I stuck out my tongue at him which made everyone chuckle.

"Don't worry princess! I will bring your favorite ice cream to the office tomorrow." Dad promised.

"And I will take you to have it tonight!" Abhinav whispered.

I looked at him in amusement.

He gave me a small smile and gestured for me to stay quiet. 

After the rituals were done we congratulated the newlyweds and left for our home.

We went to our room, got changed, and slept for some time as we were tired.

I woke up and saw the other side of the bed empty.

"Where did he go?" I asked myself and got down from the bed.