29. Abirs' Arrest

Abhinav

We were having our moment when both our phones went off. We looked at each other for a good 5 sec confused about who was calling us and decided to answer the calls. I peeped into my mobile and it was Abhishek calling. I responded to his call immediately.

He said something that made me shocked and when I looked at Isha she was looking so much worried. I figured out that whoever called her had informed her about the same thing. I hung up the call and looked at her. She rushed into my arms and tears started rolling down her cheeks. She is hugging me so tight as if I would disappear if she loosened her grip around me.

"Calm down princess! I will sort out everything." I said wiping her tears. She snuggled more into my embrace. I drew circles on her back consoling her. She backed off after some time and looked into my eyes.

"I want to see Abir." She said with so much difficulty. She looked like she was pleading with me to take her there.

"I will take you there. But please stop crying, Princess. I can't see tears in your eyes." I said wiping away her tears. I never realized I was crying too until she wiped my tears with her thumb.

"It's time to make those bastards cry who dared to mess with Rathores!" I announced in my usual authoritative tone. She jerked a little at my tone but composed herself soon. I took her hand and we both walked out. We reached the police station in 25 min which usually takes 50 min but it was my brother they dared to arrest and I can't care about the speed when it's about my family.

"Abir!" 

"Bhabi!" They both said in the same tone when they looked at each other and Abir started to weep bitterly. She ran to him and hugged him patting his back and trying to console him. I looked at my brother and my wife who were crying bitterly and fisted my hands. I will not leave the person behind their tears. No one dares to mess with what's mine.

"Why did you arrest my brother?" I roared at the inspector. He visibly gulped at my tone. I can see sweat beads forming on his forehead even in the cold winter. I looked around to see fear fear-laced faces of the officers and people around. The inspector is still looking at me with sweat rolling down his face and hands shaking due to fear.

"I don't like to repeat myself," I said in a dangerously cold tone which can make people piss in their pants. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish unable to form words.

"He... He is charged with rape and murder case, sir!" He was two feet above the ground as soon as he completed his sentence. I lifted him by his collar and took my face close to his.

"What did you say?" I asked him again. I can feel anger raging inside me. My eyes must have turned bloodshot red. I can see my veins due to the weight I am lifting. 

"Leave that poor inspector Abhinav! He is just doing his duty." came a voice that I hate to no extent. I left him and he fell down with a thud. I turned around to see my birth mother smirking at me. Before I could say something she turned to Isha.

"Tsk tsk. Someone said they would kill me and feed the office dogs if I tried to harm their family. Now they are crying because of the deed their dear brother-in-law did." She said in a mocking tone.

"Bhabi maa, bhayya! I never did anything. I am innocent. They are framing me." Abir said holding Isha's hands and looking at both of us.

"Why are you giving an explanation Abir? I know my brother. He will never do such a heinous thing. I trust you." Isha said wiping Abirs' tears and looking at me as if asking me to say something. I nodded my head in agreement and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"He did it dear. He killed a girl after forcing her. Now, I will make sure he rots in jail." Mahima said gritting her teeth. 

"He never did anything and I am going to prove it. I will take my brother home within 24 hours." I challenged her. She just smirked at me and waved her hand in dismissal. She walked out followed by her lawyer. She is the one who framed Abir and filed a case against him. I am not going to leave her.

"Isha come let's go. Abir will be home within 24 hours." I said taking her hand in mine. She looked hesitant to leave him alone. Even though I don't want to leave him there, due to the charges against him we can't bail him out just yet. After Abir and I assured her that he would be fine she came out with me. 

"Abhi our Abir!" She said looking back with teary eyes. I hugged her from the side and wiped her tears.

"Just a few hours Princess I will bring him back," I said and took her home. I made her sleep and came out of our room. I marched to my study and called Ishan and Abhishek there. Abhishek and I waited for Ishan and after 30 min we three sat in my study.

"Bhayya Mahima is using her contacts and making the news spread like wildfire. It will mislead people and our shares will be dropping." Abhishek said looking at his phone.

"I don't want any news about this to be telecasted. Handle it, Abhishek. And Ishan, I want complete details about the case and the girl." I said and they both nodded and walked out taking their phones. I dialed my lawyer and ordered him to find a way to get Abir out. I was sitting in my chair with my hands joined on the armrest and my head on my joined arms. I felt a presence beside me and opened my eyes to see Isha standing there.

"Princess! Do you want something?" I asked getting up. She didn't say anything. She just took my hand and walked to the couch. She made me sit and walked out. She came back after a minute with a juice glass. I was about to deny but she bought the glass near my lips and made me drink. She sat beside me and I rested my head in her lap. She ran her fingers in my hair making me feel relaxed amid all this chaos.